Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Whole Wheat Pizza Recipe
Looking for an easy Whole Wheat Pizza recipe? Learn how to make Whole Wheat Pizza using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by elquado
Makes 200 servings
Whole wheat pizza topped with turkey pepperoni, roasted red and yellow peppers, carmelized onions, and mushrooms. Served with a mixed green salad and walnut vinaigrette
Recipe Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pizza
|25||cups whole wheat flour|
|18 3/4||tsp active dry yeast|
|12 1/2||tsp sugar|
|18 3/4||cups water|
|1 1/2||cup extra virgin olive oil|
|25||tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|25||onion, small dice|
|50||garlic cloves, crushed|
|25||Red bell peppers, small dice|
|22||lbs canned chopped tomatoes|
|2||cups tomato paste|
|1||tbs sea salt|
|3||lbs turkey pepperoni|
|1 1/2||lbs yellow bell peppers|
|1 1/2||lbs Red bell peppers|
|25||cups part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1 1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2||cup dijon mustard|
|2||tbs sea salt|
|6 1/4||cup walnut oil|
|6 1/4||cup chopped walnuts|
|25||cups belgian endive|
|100||oz mushrooms, sliced|
Recipe Directions for Whole Wheat Pizza
- Dough: Combine flours, yeast, salt and sugar in food processor;pulse to mix.
- Combine hot water and oil in bowl to mix. With motor running slowly pour in hot mixture until it forms a sticky ball. Prossess for 1 minute to knead
- let the dough bench rest for 20 minutes
- roll and top dough. bake in 500 degree oven 10-14 minutes or until bottom is crisp.
- Sauce: Heat oil and add onion garlic and pepper. saute until soft but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, paste, honey and 1 pint of water. bring to boil and simmer until reduced. stir in worcestershire, basil and salt and pepper
- Toppings: saute onions until carmelized and add mushrooms. cook until soft.
- Roast bell peppers; peel and julienne
- Top pizza with sauce, cheese, onion, mushrooms, roasted peppers, and turkey pepperoni
- Salad: combine shallot, vinegar, mustard and salt in a bowl and whisk in oil.
- toast walnuts in dry skillet
- Combine salad greens, endive, fennel and mushrooms. coat with vinaigrette and top with walnuts
Serving Size 305.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!