Veggie Burgers (36 @ 6oz Each) Recipe
Looking for an easy Veggie Burgers (36 @ 6oz each) recipe? Learn how to make Veggie Burgers (36 @ 6oz each) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by loveahug
Makes 36 servings
This is the make-ahead version. Keep out a few for dinner and tomorrow's lunch, and put the rest in the freezer, individually wrapped for quick meals.
Recipe Ingredients for Veggie Burgers (36 @ 6oz each)
|32||oz canned pinto beans|
|8||oz potato flakes|
|4||oz tomato paste|
|4||oz unsweetened applesauce|
|4||oz poblano pepper|
|4||oz jalapeno pepper|
|4||oz bell pepper|
|6||oz yellow squash|
|8||oz fresh spinach|
|1||oz fresh basil|
|16||oz beef broth|
|15||oz creamed corn|
|16||oz whole kernel corn|
|6||oz instant oatmeal|
|2||T chili powder|
|2||T worcestershire sauce|
|2||T soy sauce|
|2||T balsamic vinegar|
|1/3||c olive oil|
|6||oz parmesan cheese|
Recipe Directions for Veggie Burgers (36 @ 6oz each)
- Begin by bringing your beef (or veggie) broth (use a strong broth) to a boil and pouring over the textured soy protein. Toss to mix well and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, puree canned pinto beans with juice (plain, ranch style -- whatever you prefer) with eggs, seasonings, sauces, applesauce, creamed corn, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, and garlic. It will be a thick, gooey mess, but that's the way it's supposed to look....
- Finely mince onion and mushrooms, slice celery thinly, seed and mince peppers, and grate the carrots and squash. Saute these veggies in olive oil until carmelized, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Remove tough stems from spinach, and chop roughly.
- Once everything has cooled, combine partially re-hydrated TVP, potato flakes, grits, instant oats, spinach, and toss to mix thoroughly. Fold in sauted veggies and oil, corn, and bean/seasoning mixture, and blend thoroughly with your hands. Have additional room temp beef stock there if more moisture is needed, and additional potato flakes, in case the mixture is too moist. (a lot of this will depend on your veggies, weather, how well you dry veggies after being washed etc....)
- Ideally, you want a mixture that is a little on the dry side -- the veggies will sweat out a bit of additional moisture as the burgers cook.
- Press 36 x 6oz patties (lightly dust each with flour if desired,) and wrap each in plastic wrap, then put the wrapped patties in zip-locks in the freezer for later consumption. Chill any burgers you may want to use immediatly in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- The burgers are ready to season lightly and cook on your favorite panini press, outdoor grill, or counter-top grill. Good as a beef replacement on a hamburger, chopped up and used as taco filling, or just enjoyed as is.
Main Dish, Grill, Vegetarian
Serving Size 167.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!