Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Vegetable Pot Pie -V a- Recipe
Looking for an easy Vegetable Pot Pie -V A- recipe? Learn how to make Vegetable Pot Pie -V A- using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by amydrummond
Makes 6 servings
Recipe Ingredients for Vegetable Pot Pie -V A-
|1/4||c. vegetable broth or white wine|
|1||c. chopped onion|
|1||c. thinly sliced celery|
|1||c. diced red bell pepper|
|2/3||c. thinly sliced carrots|
|2/3||c. sliced frozen green beans|
|1/3||c. frozen peas|
|1/3||c. whole wheat flour|
|1||c. skim milk or soy milk|
|2||c. vegetable broth|
|2||T chopped fresh parsley|
|1||t. salt or low sodium-soy sauce|
|1/2||t. dried thyme|
|1/4||t. dried sage|
|1/4||t. fresh ground pepper|
|1/4||t. cayenne pepper|
|1 3/4||c. unbleached or whole wheat pastry flour|
|2||t. baking powder|
|1/2||t. baking soda|
|2||T. butter or margarine|
|3/4||c. buttermilk or soymilk|
|2||t. honey ( I would think rice syrup or maple syrup would make a suitable sub)|
Recipe Directions for Vegetable Pot Pie -V A-
- Coat an 8-inch casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In heavy saucepan, heat wine or stock over med.-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, bell pepper, carrot, green beans and peas.
- If mixture begins to dry out, add 1/4 c. more wine of vegetable stock.
- Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Reduce to low.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine milk or soymilk and 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Slowly add to vegetable mixture while whisking constantly.
- Sauce will start to thicken.
- Add parsely, salt or soy sauce, thyme, sage, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook stirring constantly, until filling is thickened.
- Remove from heat, transfer mixture to prepared casserole and set aside.
- Biscuit topping:
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut butter or margarine into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In measuring cup, combine buttermilk or soymilk and honey.
- Add liquid to flour mixture, stirring with a fork to form a stiff dough.
- Add more buttermilk or soymilk if dough is too dry.
- Knead lightly in bowl, 3-5 minutes, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out into shape to cover casserole dish or cut into wedges.
- Lay biscuit topping lightly over filling. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- 20-30 minutes.
Vegetables, Main Dish, American, Bake, Saute, Vegetarian
Serving Size 303.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!