Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy Vegetable Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make Vegetable Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by yvrtrish
Makes 12 servings
Cut out of some magazine a million years ago - good, lasagna without meat but LOTS o' cheese.
Recipe Ingredients for Vegetable Lasagna
|2||tbsp vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||lb mushrooms, sliced|
|1||green pepper, chopped|
|28||oz Tomatoes, diced|
|14||oz Tomato Sauce|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1/4||tsp black pepper|
|255||g lasagna noodles|
|1||lb low-fat ricotta cheese|
|1||lb light mozzarella cheese|
|1||cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated|
Recipe Directions for Vegetable Lasagna
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and pepper.
- cook stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice.
- Add tomato sauce, carrots, parsley, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper and chilies.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook spinach in a covered heavy saucepan in just the water that clings to the leaves after washing.
- Cook for 2 to 5 minutes or until just wilted.
- Drain well in a sieve and when cool enough to handle, squeeze out any moisture with your hands.
- Chop finely and set aside.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package
- drain rinse with cold water, drain again and spread out on clean tea towels on a flat surface.
- Blend eggs, ricotta, cheese, nutmeg and cooked spinach until fairly smooth.
- Spread one quarter of tomato sauce in the bottom of a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Arrange single layer of noodles on top.
- Spread with half of ricotta mixture, then one quarter of tomato cause, one third of mozzarella and one third of parmesan.
- Repeat these layers once.
- Arrange remaining noodles on top, spread with remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. The dish will be quite full but will accommodate everything.
- The recipe can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes if previously refrigerated.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Serving Size 296.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!