Vegan Pot Pie Recipe
Looking for an easy Vegan Pot Pie recipe? Learn how to make Vegan Pot Pie using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mandrake4
Makes 10 servings
Recipe Ingredients for Vegan Pot Pie
|2||medium potatoes, cubed|
|3||medium carrots, chopped|
|3||celery stalks, chopped|
|1||red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1||large onion, diced|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||vegetable bouillon cubes|
|1||tsp. dried parsley|
|1/2||tsp. dried sage|
|1/2||tsp. dried rosemary|
|1||tsp. dried thyme|
|240||g wheat gluten|
|1/2||cup nutritional yeast|
|3||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||c. all-purpose flour|
|1||T sesame seeds|
|3||T vegan margarine|
|1||T white vinegar|
|1||T cold water|
Recipe Directions for Vegan Pot Pie
- Saute the onion in a large pot until it turns translucent.
- Add the potatoes and cook on medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies, garlic, spices, bay leaves, and bouillon.
- Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Provided you stir it enough to prevent it burning, the filling shouldn't need water, but you can add 1/2 C. water if you'd like (the water will just mix with the gravy later to make it thinner).
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small pan, combine the ingredients for the gravy and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the gravy thickens and forms a skin.
- Turn off the heat but continue stirring periodically to prevent the gravy from setting.
- Put the chopped seitan into a sealable container with the corn starch.
- Shake the container until the seitan is evenly coated, then saute it in a small skillet until it turns golden but not yet crispy.
- Spread the seitan in a lightly oiled 9"x12" glass cake pan.
- Remove the bay leaves from the filling.
- Pour the filling in over the seitan, spreading it around to make an even surface.
- Pour the gravy in on top of it.
- In a food processor combine the flour, sesame seeds, margarine, and vinegar.
- Run the processor to blend it together, then add the first tablespoon of water.
- While running the food processor continue adding water slowly, a tablespoon at a time, until the crust sticks together and separates from the walls in a single large clump.
- Lightly flour a rolling surface and the top of the crust.
- Roll the crust into a 9"x12" rectangle.
- If you've got the skills to transfer this onto the pot pie without tearing it, feel free; else you may want to cut the crust into strips and lay them on top of the pot pie close together.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350, until the crust turns golden or you tire of waiting.
Vegetables, Main Dish, American, Bake, Vegetarian
Serving Size 204.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!