Traditional Chicken Cakes Recipe
Looking for an easy Traditional Chicken Cakes recipe? Learn how to make Traditional Chicken Cakes using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by twiggyvet
Makes 35 servings
A chicken version of traditional Bermuda codfish cakes eaten at Easter time...altered due to my fish allergy!
Recipe Ingredients for Traditional Chicken Cakes
|1||pound chicken breast|
|12||medium red potatoes|
|3||tsp dried parsley|
|1||tsp mild curry powder|
|15||tbsp canola oil|
Recipe Directions for Traditional Chicken Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a greased pan add 1 pound fresh chicken sprinkled with dill, salt and pepper, and a 1/2 cup of water.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until jus cooked. Then remove from pan and cool chicken completely
- In a large pot, boil for about 20 minutes or until tender:
- 10-12 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- Drain and cool completely.
- In a medium frying pan, sate over low heat:
- 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp oil, 3 bermuda onions, chopped.
- Cool onions completely
- In a large bowl, flake chicken with fingers into bite-sized pieces. Add potatoes, carrots, garlic, onions. Mash but leave chunky.
- Add 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Mix all together with potato, onion chicken mixture. Put into fridge and chill.
- In a large open dish, sprinkle approx, 2 cups of flour.
- Form chicken potato mixture into uniform patties and dredge in flour.
- In a large frying pan, add approximately 3-4 tbsp canola oil for frying. heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken cakes over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Drain cooked fishcakes on paper towels.
- Makes 35 chicken cakes
Main Dish, Easter
Serving Size 117.3g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!