Thorn's Summer Garden Chicken Vegetable Soup 2 Recipe
Looking for an easy Thorn's Summer Garden Chicken Vegetable Soup 2 recipe? Learn how to make Thorn's Summer Garden Chicken Vegetable Soup 2 using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by chicothorn
Makes 28 servings
Fresh produce from the garden with roasted chicken! Yummy! 1 serving = 18 ounces (1 Ziploc Container) = 515 grams
Recipe Ingredients for Thorn's Summer Garden Chicken Vegetable Soup 2
|2 1/2||chicken breast|
|4 1/2||chicken drumstick|
|3/4||cup minced garlic|
|60||oz. chicken broth|
|2 1/2||cups chopped carrots|
|2 1/2||cups chopped celery|
|2 1/2||cups zucchini|
|1 1/2||cups eggplant|
|2 1/2||cups okra|
|2 1/2||cups bell pepper|
|16||oz. fresh corn|
|4||cups fresh basil|
|3/4||cup brown rice|
|1/4||cup wild rice|
|2||tsp dry oregano|
|2||tsp dry parsley|
|2||tsp dry rosemary|
|2||tsp dry thyme|
|2||tsp dry basil|
|2/3||cup sesame seeds|
|6||tbsp chicken bouillon|
Recipe Directions for Thorn's Summer Garden Chicken Vegetable Soup 2
- Wash and core all tomatoes, cut small "x" on bottom for easier skinning.
- Blanch tomatoes for at least 1 minute in boiling water, immediately plung into ice bath in sink.
- Remove tomato skins and cut in eighths into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Trim basil leaves off stems, chop into separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cut up in bite sized pieces the carrots, celery, bell peppers and onions (keep separate from other veggies). Set aside.
- Remove corn kernels from cob. Set aside.
- Using a pre-roasted chicken, remove the meat from the bones, separating the dark from the light. Keep the drumstick and thigh bones. Set aside.
- Now, using a large stainless steel pot, combine half of the tomatoes, the chicken broth, garlic, 2/3 of the chopped onions, 1/3 of the basil, 1/3 of the bell peppers, carrots and celery, the dark chicken meat (chopped) plus the chicken leg bones, mushrooms, all of the grains, 4 tbsp bullion and seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour or until grains are tender.
- Add remaining carrots and celery. Increase heat to medium. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add White Chicken Meat (chopped), the remaining tomatoes, onions and bell peppers, all of the zucchini, eggplant, corn and okra.
- Take soup's temperature, when it reaches above 165 degrees for at least one minute turn off the heat. Mixture will be thick.
- Add and stir in all remaining basil.
- Add water to thin broth as desired. (This immediately begins to cool the soup helping to preserve the veggies freshness.)
- Add 2 tbsp bouillon.
- Add Basque Norte Marinade (about 1/2 cup).
- Sit covered for at least 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Ladle all of the soup into 20 oz. Ziploc containers for freezing and serving. (Leaving soup in the pot too long causes everything to overcook and get mushy, so get it out of the pot as soon as possible to cool.)
Serving Size 523.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!