Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
Looking for an easy Thin Crust Pizza recipe? Learn how to make Thin Crust Pizza using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by bcaccavale
Makes 12 servings
A thin crust pizza. Note that the recipe makes 2 pies.
Recipe Ingredients for Thin Crust Pizza
|3||cups bread flour|
|1/2||teaspoon instant yeast|
|1 1/3||cups water|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2||teaspoons table salt|
|1||tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||teaspoon red wine vinegar|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1||teaspoon table salt|
|1/4||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
Recipe Directions for Thin Crust Pizza
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, process flour, sugar, and yeast until combined, about 2 seconds.
- With machine running, slowly add water through feed tube; process until dough is just combined and no dry flour remains, about 10 seconds.
- Let dough stand 10 minutes.
- Add oil and salt to dough and process until dough forms satiny, sticky ball that clears sides of workbowl, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead briefly on lightly oiled countertop until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Shape dough into tight ball and place in large, lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
- Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to medium bowl or container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- One hour before baking pizza, set pizza stone on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and divide in half. Shape each half into smooth, tight ball.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart; cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with nonstick cooking spray; let stand for 1 hour.
- Coat 1 ball of dough generously with flour and place on well-floured countertop.
- Using fingertips, gently flatten into 8-inch disk, leaving 1 inch of outer edge slightly thicker than center.
- Using hands, gently stretch disk into 12-inch round, working along edges and giving disk quarter turns as you stretch.
- Transfer dough to well-floured peel and stretch into 13-inch round.
- Using back of spoon or ladle, spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in thin layer over surface of dough, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan evenly over sauce, followed by 1 cup mozzarella.
- Slide pizza carefully onto stone and bake until crust is well browned and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating pizza halfway through.
- Remove pizza and place on wire rack for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Repeat from step 16 to shape, top, and bake second pizza.
Serving Size 152.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!