Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Looking for an easy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe? Learn how to make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by daradu
Makes 4 servings
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ditch the tortilla for crisp and refreshing iceberg lettuce wrapped around a tasty cashew chicken stir-fry. It makes a great hands-on dinner for the family or a flavorful, refreshing snack. Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe Ingredients for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
|2||cups chicken breast, cut into 3/4? pieces|
|2||tablespoons peanut or canola oil|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|2||teaspoons chili sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|8||ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|1||head of iceberg lettuce|
Recipe Directions for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken breast, cut into 3/4? pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into individual cups
- Combine soy sauce, honey and chili sauce in a small dish and
- set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken
- and season with pepper as desired, cook for approximately 3
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower to medium heat and add garlic, ginger and scallions,
- cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in water chestnuts and half of your sauce mixture.
- Continue to cook until chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cashews. Spoon
- desired amount of the stir-fry mixture into the center of
- individual lettuce cups and drizzle with extra sauce. Simply
- hold filled lettuce cups like a taco to eat.
- Tip: If packing your Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch, transport
- the stir-fry mix in a sealed container and lettuce cups in a
- medium-sized plastic zip-top bag.
Serving Size 268.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!