Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Looking for an easy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe? Learn how to make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by daradu
Makes 4 servings
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ditch the tortilla for crisp and refreshing iceberg lettuce wrapped around a tasty cashew chicken stir-fry. It makes a great hands-on dinner for the family or a flavorful, refreshing snack. Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe Ingredients for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
|2||cups chicken breast, cut into 3/4? pieces|
|2||tablespoons peanut or canola oil|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|2||teaspoons chili sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|8||ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|1||head of iceberg lettuce|
Recipe Directions for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken breast, cut into 3/4? pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into individual cups
- Combine soy sauce, honey and chili sauce in a small dish and
- set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken
- and season with pepper as desired, cook for approximately 3
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower to medium heat and add garlic, ginger and scallions,
- cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in water chestnuts and half of your sauce mixture.
- Continue to cook until chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cashews. Spoon
- desired amount of the stir-fry mixture into the center of
- individual lettuce cups and drizzle with extra sauce. Simply
- hold filled lettuce cups like a taco to eat.
- Tip: If packing your Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch, transport
- the stir-fry mix in a sealed container and lettuce cups in a
- medium-sized plastic zip-top bag.
Serving Size 268.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!