Super Chicken with Yuca and Plantain Recipe
Looking for an easy Super Chicken with Yuca and Plantain recipe? Learn how to make Super Chicken with Yuca and Plantain using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mkdir21536
Makes 10 servings
Rotisserie chicken, also called Peruvian Chicken or El Pollo Rico, served with yucca, plantain, and salad. This recipe is from the web and not genuine Peruvian, but tasty.
Recipe Ingredients for Super Chicken with Yuca and Plantain
|4||lbs chicken (whole roaster)|
|4||tablespoons white vinegar|
|2||tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|3||tablespoons canola oil|
|1 1/2||tablespoons cumin|
|1 1/2||tablespoons black pepper|
|174||g lime (2 1/8" dia fruit, 3 limes)|
|50||grams cilantro (1/2 bunch)|
|2||tablespoons dijon mustard|
|2||tablespoons lime juice|
|400||grams yuca roots (4 roots)|
|1||tablespoon blackstrap molasses|
|2||heads romaine lettuce|
|1||cup cherry tomatoes|
|2||medium red onions|
Recipe Directions for Super Chicken with Yuca and Plantain
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Combine vinegar and 3 tablespoons canola oil with crushed garlic, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Add the juice of 3 limes to cold water.
- Trim chicken of any excess or loose fat.
- Soak chicken for 10 to 20 minutes in lime water to wash the chicken and then throw away the lime water.
- Place chicken in zip-top bag.
- Pour spice paste over chicken.
- Coat chicken completely with mixture rubbing into every surface.
- Try to get the paste under the skin as much as possible.
- Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The chicken will have more flavor the longer it "marinates" in the spice mixture. Do not refrigerator more than 24 hours
- Roast in Rotisserie for about 50 minutes (until golden brown, don't over cook, our rotisserie cooks faster than using an oven)
- Aji Panca Sauce
- Put 1/4 head of lettuce (torn into pieces), 3 jalapeno chiles, (seeds and veins removed), 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 5 green onions, 1/2 bunch of cilatro leaves (avoid the stems), 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 clove garlic into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. It should come out bright green in color. Refridgerate until ready to serve meal.
- Aji Amarillo Sauce
- Blend 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl. Refridgerate until ready to serve meal.
- Baked Yuca Fries
- Peal yuca roots and boil on stove for about 20 minutes (to soften up roots, need to be slightly firm still to make oven baked fries)
- Cut Yuca into steak fries and place on baking sheet
- Spray Yuca fries with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Put baking sheet in oven and brown fries on both sides.
- Sweet Plantain
- (make sure plantain skin is mostly black or black and yellow for sweet flavor)
- Peal plantain and cut into 1/4" slices as if you were going to put bananas onto cold cereal
- Put sliced plaintain into bowl and stir in molasses
- Spray oil in skillet, and saute plantain browning both sides of the plantain
- Side Salad
- Toss remaining romaine lettuce with cherry tomatoes, and sliced red onions. Chill until ready to serve.
Serving Size 457.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!