Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs Recipe
Looking for an easy Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs recipe? Learn how to make Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by kentp
Makes 8 servings
Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs
Recipe Ingredients for Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs
|3||ounce pancetta (Italian bacon), chopped|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|3||garlic cloves, chopped|
|2||cups fennel bulbs|
|1 1/2||cups chicken broth|
|4||tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided|
|2||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 1/2||teaspoons fennel seeds|
|2||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|226||g finely grated Romano|
Recipe Directions for Spicy Spaghetti with Fennel and Herbs
- 1 3-ounce package pancetta (Italian bacon), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large red jalapeño chiles, seeded, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large fennel bulbs, stalks trimmed, cut into thin wedges with some core attached
- 1 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Pecorino Romano or Pecorino Toscano cheese, divided
- Sauté pancetta in large skillet over medium heat until pancetta is golden. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels. Add 1 tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet. Add garlic and chiles; sauté over medium heat 1 minute. Add fennel; cook until beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Mix in broth, 2 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and fennel seeds. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until fennel is very tender, 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until tender; drain. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Uncover skillet with fennel mixture and return to high heat. Cook until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Add fennel to pasta. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 cup cheese, and pancetta. Add cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Toss pasta; transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parsley over. Serve with cheese.
- Hungry for More? If you have a question about this recipe, contact our Test Kitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see more recipes like this one, check out our Favorite Italian Recipes Slideshow.
- Nutritional Information
- One serving contains the following:
- Calories (kcal) 370.0
- %Calories from Fat 30.4
- Fat (g) 12.5
- Saturated Fat (g) 4.2
- Cholesterol (mg) 20.1
- Carbohydrates (g) 48.9
- Dietary Fiber (g) 4.6
- Total Sugars (g) 1.5
- Net Carbs (g) 44.2
- Protein (g) 15.3
- Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2010/01/spicy_spaghetti_with_fennel_and_herbs#ixzz1utf4WP4c
Serving Size 177.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!