Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Spiced Apple Crumb Muffins Recipe
Looking for an easy spiced apple crumb muffins recipe? Learn how to make spiced apple crumb muffins using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by bajankiki
Makes 12 servings
by Gwyneth Paltrow (excerpt from "My Father's Daughter") - original recipe uses allspice instead of nutmeg and adds 1/4 cup of chopped toasted walnuts
Recipe Ingredients for spiced apple crumb muffins
|2 1/2||cup Organic Spelt Flour|
|1/4||cup dry Rolled Oats|
|12||tsp Pure Cane Sugar, Dark Brown|
|4||tsp Cinnamon, Ground|
|1/4||tsp Sea Salt|
|2||tbsp Vegetable Oil, Canola|
|1/2||cup Soy Milk, Fluid|
|1 1/2||fl oz Soy Milk, Fluid|
|2||small (2-3/4") Apples|
|1/2||cup Vegetable Oil, Canola|
|2||tbsp Syrups, Maple|
|1/2||cup Syrups, Maple|
|2 1/4||teaspoon Baking Powder|
|1/2||tsp Leavening Agents, Baking Soda|
|1/4||tsp Fine Sea Salt|
|1/2||tsp Nutmeg, Ground|
Recipe Directions for spiced apple crumb muffins
- Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup white spelt flour
- 1/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/4 cup whole rolled oats (not instant and not steel-cut)
- 1/4 cup unrefined dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup finely diced peeled apple (about 2 small apples)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tbsp for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp real Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 2-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers or oil it with two tbsp of the vegetable oil.
- For the crumb topping, combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil and soy milk and rub everything together with your fingers ? the mixture should be pebbly. Set the mixture aside.
- For the muffins, in a small bowl, toss the cornstarch with the apples.
- In another large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the vegetable oil and all of the syrup and soy milk. Sift in the remaining ingredients (except for the walnuts) and fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Evenly distribute the batter in the muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Makes 12 muffins
Serving Size 101.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!