Spaghetti Swap & Meatballs Recipe
Looking for an easy Spaghetti Swap & Meatballs recipe? Learn how to make Spaghetti Swap & Meatballs using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jsnyder117
Makes 4 servings
Dinner- Serving size: 1 cup spaghetti & 1/4 - 1/2 cup sauce & 1.5 meatballs
Recipe Ingredients for Spaghetti Swap & Meatballs
|4||cup Squash, Winter, Spaghetti|
|6||oz (raw) Ground Turkey|
|2||tbsp 100% Liquid Egg Whites|
|1||tsp Parsley, Dried|
|0.13||tsp Salt, Table|
|0.13||tsp Pepper, Black|
|0.5||cup, chopped Onions|
|1.5||cup Crushed Tomatoes|
|1/4||cup leaves, whole Basil, Fresh|
|2||tbsp Tomato Paste|
|1||tsp Italian Seasoning|
|1||grams Ground Cumin|
Recipe Directions for Spaghetti Swap & Meatballs
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4.5 lbs.)
- 6 oz. 99% Fat-Free Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
- (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave whole squash for 3 - 4 minutes, until soft enough to cut. Halve lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Fill a large baking pan with 1/2 inch water and place squash halves in the pan, cut sides down. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Thoroughly mix meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Evenly form into 6 meatballs and place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape out squash strands. Place in a strainer to drain excess moisture. Blot dry, if needed. Transfer to another large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion until slightly softened, 6 - 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 - 2 minutes. Add all remaining sauce ingredients except Parm-style topping; stir to combine. Add meatballs and bring sauce to a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently stirring occasionally, simmer until veggies have softened and meatballs are hot, about 8 minutes.
- Add sauce to spaghetti strands and stir to coat. Serve topped with meatballs and Parm-style topping!
Serving Size 322.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!