Simplytrinicooking Shrimp Dhal Puri Roti Recipe
Looking for an easy simplytrinicooking shrimp dhal puri roti recipe? Learn how to make simplytrinicooking shrimp dhal puri roti using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by nemp
Makes 1 serving
Recipe Ingredients for simplytrinicooking shrimp dhal puri roti
|1 1/2||lbs shrimp, cleaned, seasoned and marinated|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped finely|
|1/2||medium onion, chopped|
|5||sprigs chadon beni|
|1||tbsp curry powder|
|1/2||tsp geera (cumin) powder|
|4||g Masala Puri|
|1||tsp saffron (tumeric) powder|
|1||salt to taste|
|1||pepper to taste|
|1||cup split peas|
|1||tbsp. baking powder|
Recipe Directions for simplytrinicooking shrimp dhal puri roti
- Saute onion and garlic in the oil. Then mix the curry, geera, masala, and saffron (tumeric) in about 1/4 cup of water and pour into the pot. When the curry is nearly dried down, add the shrimp and coat evenly with the curry. Allow to cook a bit ( about 1 minute) in its juices then add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the pot and simmer over a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- then add to the shrimp. Add enough water to cover the potatoes
- and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- For the Dhal Puri
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Knead flour with water to a soft dough.
- Rub oil over the dough.
- Make dough into 6 or 8 balls (loyas) according to the size of the tawah. Leave to rest.
- Boil the split peas with saffron, salt and a clove of garlic and drain.
- Grind the split peas with a small hot pepper and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add geera or cumin, salt to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Open the each ball of dough...
- and place in the centre, 2-3 tbsp. of split peas as the filling.
- Pull the sides over and close up. Turn over and leave to rest.
- Roll out the filled dough very thinly.
- Mix the tablespoon of ghee with the rest of oil.
- This will be used to grease the tawah and the dhal puri while cooking.
- Heat tawah on a medium flame.
- Grease the tawah with the ghee and oil mixture and place the rolled out roti.
- Grease the top, cook on one side, turn over, and cook on the other side.
- Be sure to press the edges of the roti
- when the dhal puri is cooked and swells, fold and place in a bowl to cool
- Read more: http://www.simplytrinicooking.com/2008/10/dhal-puri-roti.html#ixzz1aW8jZQPo
- Read more: http://www.simplytrinicooking.com/2008/10/dhal-puri-roti.html#ixzz1aW8f1VRx
- Read more: http://www.simplytrinicooking.com/2008/10/dhal-puri-roti.html#ixzz1aW8bD09l
Fish, Main Dish, Caribbean
Serving Size 1638.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!