Sheperds Pie Recipe
Looking for an easy Sheperds Pie recipe? Learn how to make Sheperds Pie using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by fizzerje
Makes 4 servings
Daves home made shepards pie.... Yummy
Recipe Ingredients for Sheperds Pie
|1||tbsp olive oil|
|1||oz salted butter|
|1 1/2||large onions|
|1||lb minced lamb|
|2||tsp plain flour|
|2||lb boiled potatoes|
|2||oz salted butter|
|3||oz skimmed milk|
Recipe Directions for Sheperds Pie
- Finely chop celery and carrot.
- Fry in olive oil on medium heat until very tender (5 - 10 mins).
- Add 1 oz of butter and fry chopped onions until just starting to color.
- Finely chop / mince garlic (1 or 2 depending on taste).
- Fry for a min or two.
- Add Lamd Mince and fry util Mix starts to dry.
- Add 1/2 a pint of Lamb Stock.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Top up Lamb stock so the mixture is not too dry or wet.
- Mix Bisto powder (not in ingredients above) and flour with a little water and add to mix stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to tatse.
- Simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionaly.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Pour mix into a good sized casarole dish.
- Peel potatoes cut into even 1 inch chunks and cook with a little salt until tender.
- Drains add Salt, Pepper, nutmeg to tatse.
- Add milk and remaining butter along with 1 egg and Mash then whisk.
- Place on top of Mix and Bake 180 degrees C for about 40 mins.
- Remove from ovben and rest for 5 mins.
Potatoes, Main Dish, English, Bake
Serving Size 541.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!