Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
From Scratch Veggie Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy From Scratch Veggie Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make From Scratch Veggie Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by x0mi07
Makes 6 servings
Veggie Lasagna with Homemade Tomato Sauce
Recipe Ingredients for From Scratch Veggie Lasagna
|4||oz Tomato Sauce|
|4||oz No Salt Added Tomatoes Sauce|
|320||grams Tomatoes, Red, Ripe|
|1||tbsp Olive Oil|
|0.17||serving Chicken Bouillon Cubes|
|1/5||serving Beef Bouillon Bouillon Cubes|
|560||grams eggplant, unpeeled (approx 1-1/4 lb) Eggplant|
|320||grams Squash, Summer, Zucchini, Includes Skin|
|280||grams Potato, Flesh And Skin|
|225||grams crumbled Chicken, ground, raw|
|100||grams Cut Spinach|
|40||grams Egg, Whole|
|110||grams Trim Lowfat Cottage Cheese|
|60||grams (Almarai) Fresh Laban Low Fat|
|50||grams (Arla Foods) 3 Cows/Apetina Feta Light 200g in Vegetable Oil|
|2||slice 2% Milk American Singles|
|40||grams Knorr Bechamel Sauce Mix (Dry)|
|60||grams Milk, Reduced Fat, Fluid, 2% Milkfat|
|10||fl oz Aquafina|
|0.17||cube Beef Flavor Bouillon|
|1||tsp Olive Oil|
|2||tsp Garlic Powder|
|1||tsp Onion Powder|
|1 1/2||serving Lite Mixture Salt|
|40||grams Crystal Farms Reduced Fat Mozzarella Shredded Cheese|
Recipe Directions for From Scratch Veggie Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini thinly lengthwise and lightly oil a foil or cookie tray. Roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes then set aside.
- Chop canned and raw tomatoes in food processor or by hand, depending on texture desired.
- Grate garlic, carrots, and onion finely. Set aside 1/3 onion and 1/3 portion of garlic for sauteeing chicken.
- Saute garlic in oil, add onions and carrots and saute on medium-low for about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add tomatoes and 1/6 chicken cube and 1/6 beef cube and mix.
- Allow to boil on medium heat then let simmer for 45 minutes to 1.5 hours, stirring every once in a while.
- While tomato sauce is simmering, heat 1 tsp of oil on medium heat on a pan and sautee remaining onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and 1/2 portion of mushrooms. Add 1/6 beef bouillon 1/2 serving potassium salt. Sautee for 10-12 minutes, or until liquid is clear. Drain chicken and mushrooms, leave liquid in pan.
- Mix bechamel with 5 oz of water til lumps dissolve and transfer to pan with remaining liquid from ground chicken. Add 1 slice of cheese, 1/2 portion of garlic powder and 1/2 portion of onion powder and 30 grams of danish feta. Add milk and stir til thickened. Remove from heat. If too thick, add remaining 5 oz of water and set aside.
- Defrost spinach, squeeze off excess liquids, and chop up roughly. Place in a bowl and add small egg, cottage cheese, 1 slice cheese single, remaining garlic and onion powder, and 20 grams danish feta and mix til quite homogenous. Set aside.
- Grate potato and set aside. Prepare 40 g of mozzarella, divided to 2 portions. Oil a large baking pan with cooking spray and spread thin layer of tomato sauce on the base of the pan. Layer the eggplant from the center going outwards, add zucchini and a bit of mushroom, top with tomato sauce, and using the first portion of cheese, drizzle with a bit of mozzarella.
- Repeat for the second layer, veggie, tomato and cheese, then add a 1/2 grated potato. Add 1/2 ground chicken then spread egg spinach cheese filling.
- Put another layer of vegetable, tomato, cheese, remaining grated potato and chicken, pressing the layers evenly outward after the potato layer and then top with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle dish with 1/4 tsp of potassium salt.
- Drizzle the dish with the entire bechamel sauce mix, making sure to cover the dish evenly. Sprinkle remaining 20g mozzarella cheese on top of bechamel layer.
- Bake in 180C oven for 35 minutes then broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese layer on top.
- Serve warm with chicken or beef and italian seasoning or fresh basil.
Chicken, Tomatoes, Vegetables, Main Dish, Bake, Broil, Saute, Halal
Serving Size 600.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!