Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches Recipe
Looking for an easy Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches recipe? Learn how to make Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mkdir21536
Makes 16 servings
Traditional pulled pork barbeque sandwiches.
Recipe Ingredients for Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches
|4||lb boneless pork roast|
|1||teaspoon cloves, ground (15-20 whole cloves)|
|4||oz tomato paste (1 small can)|
|2||oz honey (1/4 cup)|
|1/2||teaspoon crushed red pepper (ground)|
|1||teaspoon celery seed|
|1/2||cup light miracle whip|
|1||tablespoon sweet pickle juice|
Recipe Directions for Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches
- Place raisins in small ramekin covered in water and microwave for 2 minutes to plump up raisins
- Drain water from rasins
- Shred cabbage, celery, and carrots and combine in large mixing bowl
- Combine miracle whip, catsup, pickle juice, and celery seed with shredded raw vegetables
- Chill until ready to serve
- Pulled Pork
- Place one sliced onion at the bottom of Crock Pot.
- Stud pork roast with cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2/3 of a pot of water
- Place roast in stock pot and boil for 1 hour to start the cooking process
- Drain off the liquid and excess fat.
- Grind 4-5 whole cloves
- Grind crushed red pepper with mortar and pedestal.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Cover with the shredded onions and 2 cups water.
- Add tomato paste, honey, molasses, and ground red pepper
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours checking periodically to make sure the water has not evaporated completely
- Add water as necessary to keep roast from sticking to pan
- Remove pork from pot
- When pork roast is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your fingers to pull it apart until the entire roast is shredded
- Return the pulled pork to the crockpot until ready to serve
- Slice hard kaiser rolls and place on cookie sheet inside up to toast in oven
- Place cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes (until rolls are lightly toasted)
- Put a scoop of pulled pork on bottom half of each kaiser roll, place coleslaw on top of pork, and cover with top of kaiser roll (put coleslaw on the plate if resident prefers them seperate)
- Put an additional scoop of coleslaw on plate with sandwich and serve
Serving Size 284.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!