Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Perfect Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Looking for an easy PERFECT WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS recipe? Learn how to make PERFECT WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by pateltej
Makes 12 servings
modified from: http://www.kitchenparade.com/2010/11/perfect-whole-wheat-pumpkin-muffins.html?showComment=1290004246368
Recipe Ingredients for PERFECT WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS
|63||g agave nectar|
|1||tablespoon brown sugar|
|1||teaspoon table salt|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4||cup (58g) water|
|1||cups whole wheat flour|
|17||g pecans, 12 pecan halves|
|3/4||cup pumpkin puree|
|3/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|4||ounces fat free cream cheese|
Recipe Directions for PERFECT WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- READER RECIPE:
- PERFECT WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- Hands-on time: 15 minutes to mix, 5 minutes to fill
- Resting time (see TIPS): 1 hour
- Time to table: 2 hours
- Makes 12 standard-size muffins
- FLOUR MIXTURE
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (see TIPS), fluffed to aerate before measuring or 247 grams
- 1 cup (243g) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- PUMPKIN MIXTURE
- 1 or 1-1/2 large eggs, see TIPS (if doubling the recipe, use 3 eggs)
- 1/4 cup (45g) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (58g) water
- 3/4 cup (185g, about half a 15-ounce can) canned 100% pumpkin puree (see TIPS)
- DRIED FRUIT
- 1/2 cup (60g) dried cranberries or currants, optional but recommended
- Orange liqueur to cover, optional
- FLOUR MIXTURE In a large bowl, stir together the flour mixture.
- PUMPKIN MIXTURE In a second bowl, whisk the egg until well combined, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- COMBINE & REST With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Let the batter rest for an hour. (Now?s a good time to set a timer to remind yourself to preheat the oven.)
- DRIED FRUIT If the fruit is dry, soak in liqueur to plump up while the muffin batter rests. Just before baking, drain off the liqueur and gently stir into the batter.
- BAKE Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or use my favorite silicone cupcake liners. With two spoons, one to scoop and one to scrape, fill the muffin tins, then gently smooth the tops. Bake for 20 ? 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes before gently removing from the muffin tin and serving.
- NUTRITION ESTIMATE (How many calories in Perfect Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins? How many Weight Watchers points in Perfect Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins?) Per Muffin Without Dried Fruit/With Dried Fruit: 133/158 Calories; 5g Tot Fat; 1g Sat Fat; 17mg Cholesterol; 319/320mg Sodium; 22/27g Carb; 1g Fiber; 17/22g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 3 points
- CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- LIKE STARBUCKS'
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 toasted pecan halves
- Mix the muffins (recipe above) and let rest for an hour. Skip the dried fruit.
- While the muffin batter rests, stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla. Spread the mixture onto a piece of waxed paper about a half-inch thick (see photo below to see how). Wrap the waxed paper around the mixture and freeze.
- Just before baking, fill the muffin tins with the muffin batter. Cut off a small piece of cream cheese and barely push into the center of each muffin, leaving the top exposed. Top cross-wise with a pecan half.
- Bake same as above.
Serving Size 60.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!