Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Parmesan Spinach Cakes Recipe
Looking for an easy Parmesan Spinach Cakes recipe? Learn how to make Parmesan Spinach Cakes using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by zenabi
Makes 1 serving
INGREDIENTS 12 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note) 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish 2 large eggs, beaten 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Recipe Ingredients for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
|6||oz Frozen Spinach|
|0.25||cup Cottage Cheese|
|4||tbsp Cheese Parmesan Grated|
|1||serving Sea Salt|
|1||dash Pepper, Black|
|1||tsp Garlic Powder|
|1||large Egg, Whole|
Recipe Directions for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- From EatingWell: September/October 2008
- Subscribe to EatingWell Magazine Today!
- Cancel rating
- Your rating: None Average: 4.1 (198 votes)
- If you like spinach-cheese pie, try these simple but elegant-looking little spinach cakes.
- READER'S COMMENT:
- "VERY tasty and easy to make! I used frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained/squeezed well, and I added a pinch of nutmeg. Also, when they were done, a pinch of shredded parm on top and browned them under the broiler. "
- Add/Read Reviews (41)
- login to saveprintshare
- 4 servings, 2 spinach cakes each
- Active Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- NUTRITION PROFILE
- Diabetes appropriate | Low calorie | Low carbohydrate | High calcium | High potassium | Gluten free |
- View Our Nutrition Guidelines » INGREDIENTS
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- MORE HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS
- Healthy Salads and Healthy Side Dishes from the Mediterranean Diet
- Easy Low Fat Potato Recipes
- Our Top Recipes for Fall
- Healthy Recipes to Satisfy Junk Food Cravings
- Healthy Low Cal Football Snacks
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- White Beans, Spinach & Tomatoes over Parmesan Toasts
- Parmesan Potato Skin Chips
- Hot Artichoke-Parmesan Spread
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Mary's Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
Serving Size 399.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!