Parmesan Spinach Cakes Recipe
Looking for an easy Parmesan Spinach Cakes recipe? Learn how to make Parmesan Spinach Cakes using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by zenabi
Makes 1 serving
INGREDIENTS 12 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note) 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish 2 large eggs, beaten 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Recipe Ingredients for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
|6||oz Frozen Spinach|
|0.25||cup Cottage Cheese|
|4||tbsp Cheese Parmesan Grated|
|1||serving Sea Salt|
|1||dash Pepper, Black|
|1||tsp Garlic Powder|
|1||large Egg, Whole|
Recipe Directions for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- From EatingWell: September/October 2008
- Subscribe to EatingWell Magazine Today!
- Cancel rating
- Your rating: None Average: 4.1 (198 votes)
- If you like spinach-cheese pie, try these simple but elegant-looking little spinach cakes.
- READER'S COMMENT:
- "VERY tasty and easy to make! I used frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained/squeezed well, and I added a pinch of nutmeg. Also, when they were done, a pinch of shredded parm on top and browned them under the broiler. "
- Add/Read Reviews (41)
- login to saveprintshare
- 4 servings, 2 spinach cakes each
- Active Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- NUTRITION PROFILE
- Diabetes appropriate | Low calorie | Low carbohydrate | High calcium | High potassium | Gluten free |
- View Our Nutrition Guidelines » INGREDIENTS
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- MORE HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS
- Healthy Salads and Healthy Side Dishes from the Mediterranean Diet
- Easy Low Fat Potato Recipes
- Our Top Recipes for Fall
- Healthy Recipes to Satisfy Junk Food Cravings
- Healthy Low Cal Football Snacks
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- White Beans, Spinach & Tomatoes over Parmesan Toasts
- Parmesan Potato Skin Chips
- Hot Artichoke-Parmesan Spread
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Mary's Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
Serving Size 399.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!