Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Veronese Recipe
Looking for an easy Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Veronese recipe? Learn how to make Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Veronese using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by rascalchibi
Makes 4 servings
It wouldn't recognize the gnocchi ingredient so I'm analyzing that seperately.
Recipe Ingredients for Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Veronese
|6||tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||Red Bell Pepper|
|1||Elephant Garlic Cloves|
|0.06||tablespoons Lemon Juice|
|1||cups Parmesan, Hard Cheese|
|1/2||cups Ricotta, Whole Milk Cheese|
|24 3/5||tablespoons Heavy Cream|
Recipe Directions for Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Veronese
- From: Olive Garden® restaurants
- Comments: Preparation time : 30 minutes + 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced [julienned]
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced [julienned]
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds [900 g] Russet potatoes
- 6 ounces [175 g] all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] salt
- 2 quarts [2 L] water
- 1 pound [454 g] gnocchi [potato dumplings], cooked according to package directions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 small branches rosemary
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] strips
- Veronese Sauce
- 1 cup [225 g] Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup [113 g] ricotta cheese
- 14 ounces [437.5 mL] heavy cream
- For the gnocchi, wash potatoes and place in water.
- Cook potatoes until soft [cooking time will depend on size of potatoes].
- Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- Peel cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater [rice grater] until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- Combine potatoes, flour, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until dough does not stick to hands [add small amounts of flour at a time if needed].
- Divide dough into 4 sections.
- Roll out each section into a long rope.
- Cut each rope into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] pieces.
- Push fork tines on each piece for the clasic gnocchi appearance.
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot.
- Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.
- Meanwhile, to prepare chicken, combine minced garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine Veronese sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Heat saute pan on medium-high.
- Pour in extra virgin olive oil then add chopped Vidalia onion and julienned red bell pepper and zucchini.
- Saute until onion are translucent [do not brown]; salt.
- Add marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F [74°C].
- Reduce heat and add sauce mixture.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Drain cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce.
- Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
Serving Size 449.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!