My Epic Pizza Recipe
Looking for an easy my epic pizza recipe? Learn how to make my epic pizza using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by malakelsawi
Makes 12 servings
the perfect pizza could feed 3-4 people
Recipe Ingredients for my epic pizza
|3||cup Wheat Flour, White, All-purpose, Enriched, Bleached|
|5||tbsp Olive Oil|
|1||medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions|
|400||grams Tomatoes, Red, Ripe|
|7||tblsp Pesto Sauce|
|0.19||cup Lemon Juice|
|4||tbsp Parmesan, Shredded Cheese|
|8||ea. Raw Tomato Cherry|
|1||oz(28 g) Yeast|
|0.5||cup leaves, whole Basil, Fresh|
|250||grams Fresh Mozzarella|
|2||tsp Garlic Powder|
|7||tbsp Rosemary, Fresh|
Recipe Directions for my epic pizza
- 3 cups flour
- from 3/4 to 1.5 cups water.
- 7 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet yeast
- salt and pepper to taste.
- mix 3/4 cup lukewarm water with one packet yeast, leave until foam develops (about 10 minutes)
- begin by sifting flour, salt, garlic powder, into a large bowl. create a well.
- very finely chop rosemary, and add to flour mixture.
- after yeast develops add to flour mixture, mix with wooden spoon initially, add more water until a dense dough is formed, dough should not be runny, and should be able to hold itself up without sinking at all.
- after dough is mixed, take out on a clean floured would surface, and start to knead, until dough is smooth, about 7 minutes (you can also do this with the assistance of a bread machine, or a bread setting on your food processor)
- after dough is kneaded, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and knead to incorporate into mixture. then smear the rest of the olive oil, and return to bowl. cover with kitches towel, and let rise for as long as possible, minimum 1 hour, maximum 24 hours. (when in a hurry, i like to turn on the heat in my oven for about 4 minutes, then switch it off, and let dough rise there)
- dough should preferably double in size. there are two methods here, if you want a rustic pizza with air pockets then take dough out, knead lightly, spread by hand until it fills a very very large pan, (you might have too much dough) if dough keeps springing back, let rest then stretch again, oil pan and countinue to stretch pizza ot the side, spray with the olive oil spray.
- 1 can tomatoes whole,
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- about 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- salt and pepper>
- VERY VERY finely grate onion. GRATE the onion the onion lets out juices, and is smooth and small. crush garlic cloves into nice paste.
- heat olive oil in a sauce pan, when oil is hot add in onions, stir for about a minute then scoot to side of sauce pan, add garlic to the other side, and when onion starts to bubble stir onion and garlic together. add salt and pepper, then add canned tomatoes.stir well, add lemon juice, pesto, half the basil.
- leave to boil whilst stirring continuously to avoid it burning, let simmer unconvered but keep stirring, break up tomatoes with potato masher, when tomatoes taste cooked, add the rest of the basil, and let cool.
- Tomato sauce should be a bit saltier than a pasta sauce to balance out the mozzarella and crust. when tomato sauce cools it should thicken nicely.
- 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams sliced buffalo mozzarella (medium sliced)
- 10 cloves roasted garlic (roast garlic head with drizzle of olive oil for 40 minutes in hot oven)
- 5 tablespoons pesto
- 5 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 recipe crust
- 1 recipe sauce
- 15 basil leaves
- generously scoop sauce onto crust, leaving edges bare, sauce should be cool. (hot sauce will make crust soggy)
- scatter cherry tomatoes on sauce, then spread parmesan, add half the pesto in small dollops across pizza, spread mozzarella so that every slice would have equal amounts.
- put in 230 c preheated oven.
- firstly put pizza on the bottom of the oven for 4 minutes, (bottom rack removed) this is to ensure the pizza has a very crispy base.
- then add to bottom rack, until cheese melts, but is not golden (buffalo mozzarella should not bubble and turn golden like commercially grated mozzarella) this could take anywhere from 15-25 minutes, if oven gets too hot lower heat. (scatter roast garlic about 10 minutes into moving to second rack)
- take out pizza, dollop rest of pesto attractively, add basil leaves, cracked black pepper, maybe drizzle some olive oil.
- cut with a pizza slicer
Serving Size 133.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!