Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Movin' On Muffins Recipe
Looking for an easy Movin' On Muffins recipe? Learn how to make Movin' On Muffins using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by sshumard
Makes 24 servings
High in fiber and very filling, these muffins make a great breakfast or snack for those who are watching their weight.
Recipe Ingredients for Movin' On Muffins
|3||cups of Fiber One Cereal|
|2||cups rolled oats|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|2||cups apple sauce|
|1/2||cup egg whites|
|1||cup soy milk or almond milk|
|1/4||cup of Splenda|
|3/4||cup of blueberries (or other antioxidant fruit, such as cherries, pomegranates, goji berries, etc.)|
|1/3||cup dried cranberries|
|1/3||cup golden raisins|
Recipe Directions for Movin' On Muffins
- Mix the following dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl:
- 3 cups of Fiber One Cereal, ground to cornmeal consistency in a Cuisinart (1 bag or 1/2 box)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cardomon
- Mix in the Cuisinart all of the following wet ingredients:
- 15 dried plums
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk
- Splenda to taste (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of dried antioxidant fruit
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Final step: add fruit.
- I use a mixture of antioxidant fruit, cranberries & golden raisins. (If the fruit is too dry, add some water and nuke in the microwave so the fruit absorbs the liquid. Add all of it to the batter in the end-- even the water. It's now full of vitamins from the fruit.)
- Mix this in the batter- do not over-mix.
- Add enough water to make a muffin-like batter (like brownies). Spoon into muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 24 standard-sized muffins or about 72 mini-muffins
Breads, Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks
Serving Size 102.3g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!