Looking for an easy Manicotti recipe? Learn how to make Manicotti using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by critterkeeper
Makes 19 servings
Taken from the recipezaar website...poster states it comes from the Sopranos Family Cookbook. These can be made ahead of time...assembled and baked, then frozen...when needed then just add marinara sauce and bake..top with cheese at end and heat until cheese is melted. Very easy...don't bother buying storebought manicotti tubes!
Recipe Ingredients for Manicotti
|1||tsp dried basil|
|1/2||tsp garlic salt|
|2||tablespoon olive oil|
|2||lbs ricotta cheese|
|8||ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped or shredded|
|3/4||cup freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1||fresh ground pepper|
|25||oz marinara sauce|
|1/2||cup freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|1/2||cup mozzarella cheese, grated|
Recipe Directions for Manicotti
- To make the crepes: in a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a 6 inch skillet over medium het.
- Brush the pan lightly with oil.
- Holding the pan in one hand, spoon in a short 1/3 cup of the crepe batter and immediately rotate and tilt the pan to completely cover the bottom.
- Pour any excess batter back into the bowl.
- Cook the crepe for one minute, or until the edges turn brown and begin to lift away from the pan.
- With your fingers, flip the crepe over, and cook for 30 seconds more, or until spotted with brown on the other side.
- Slide the cooked crepe onto a plate.
- Cover with a piece of wax paper.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes and separating each one with a piece of wax paper (The crepes can be made up to 2 days ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to use).
- Turn the oven to 350.
- To make the filling: stir all the next seven ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then, to assemble: Spoon a thin layer of the marinara sauce into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. (Will need two pans)
- Place about 1/4 cup of the filling lengthwise down the center of a crepe, roll it up, and place it seam side down in the dish.
- Continue with the remaining crepes and filling, placing them close together.
- Spoon on the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the manicotti are heated through.
- Serve hot.
Dairy, Eggs, Herbs, Pasta, Tomatoes, Main Dish, Italian, Valentine's Day, Advance, Bake, Vegetarian, Sugar-Free
Serving Size 165.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!