Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Low Fat Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy Low Fat Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make Low Fat Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by noellens
Makes 5 servings
This recipe proves that you can eat your favorite Italian food without worrying about the fat! It can be made vegetarian by omitting the ground beef, doubling the amount of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Recipe Ingredients for Low Fat Lasagna
|143||g firm tofu|
|1||tsp sesame seed oil|
|120||g fresh mushrooms|
|1||cup stock, vegetable|
|99||g dried fettuccine (dried lasagna noodles)|
|305||g tomato sauce|
|250||g ricotta cheese|
|100||g mozzarella cheese|
|2||tsp soy sauce|
|1||tsp balsamic vinegar|
|105||g mozzarella cheese (to add after baked 45 minutes)|
Recipe Directions for Low Fat Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil bottom of baking pan.
- Stir one cup of the chicken stock into the spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- Whisk the egg.
- Stir in ricotta cheese and one cup of the mozzarella.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brown and drain the ground beef making sure to break it into very small pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spinach until it is half done, approximately two-thirds of the time indicated on the microwave directions.
- Sauté the onion in 1/2 cup chicken stock until it is translucent.
- Cook the mushrooms in the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock adding the soy sauce and vinegar.
- Simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together beef, spinach, onions and mushrooms.
- Build the lasagna starting with a layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- *Add one layer of the uncooked noodles followed by more sauce, 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1/3 of the spinach/beef mixture.
- Repeat two more times, finishing off with the spinach mixture and the remaining sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until liquid around the edges has been absorbed.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake for 15 minutes more.
- To freeze: Bake, cool, wrap well, and label. freeze up to 2 months. *Note: You can assemble and freeze without cooking and cook on the day to be eaten!
- To serve, defrost overnight and then bake until warmed through, or bake from frozen for 1 hour and a half.
Serving Size 340.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!