Lasagna - a Very Special Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy Lasagna - A Very Special Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make Lasagna - A Very Special Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by marit1219
Makes 8 servings
Linda Sundberg - From Mom, with love pg. 233
Recipe Ingredients for Lasagna - A Very Special Lasagna
|1/2||lb lasagna noodles|
|1||lb ground beef|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2||teaspoon seasoned salt|
|2||tablespoons chopped parsley|
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|1/2||cup Light Butter|
|1||cup carnation evaporated milk, skimmed|
|1||cup chicken broth|
|1||chicken bouillon cube|
|1||cup ricotta cheese, no fat|
|1/4||c grated parmesan cheese|
|1 1/2||cups grated parmesan cheese|
|8||oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1/4||cup Light Butter|
Recipe Directions for Lasagna - A Very Special Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling, salted water until "al dente", still firm to the bite. Drain and keep them in cold water until ready to use.
- Saute ground beef, onion and garlic in love oil until meat is no longer pink. (Chicken/turkey may be used)
- Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes or use a 3 (14.5oz) cans, drained. Add tomatoes and seasonings and cook at a fast simmer until sauce is quite thick (about 30-40 minutes).
- Skim fat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bechamel Sauce:
- Melt butter, add flour and cook, stirring with a whisk for 1 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil, still using the whisk.
- Taste and add chicken bouillon cube, if needed.
- Add salt.
- Ricotta Filling:
- Beat egg in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well with a fork. If using chicken or turkey, add 2 cups (1 box frozen) fresh shredded spinach, cooked and drained.
- In the following order, layer the ingredients in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, TWICE:
- a little meat sauce (no need to repeat this one)
- half of the noodles
- half of the remaining meat sauce
- 1/2 cup Bechamel
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- half of the mozzarella
- half of the ricotta
- Top off with the remaining Bechemal and Parmesan cheeses. Dot with butter.
- At this point the dish can be covered and refrigerated. From room temperature bake at 400 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes or more, until bubbly.
- This dish freezes very well.
Serving Size 441.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!