Looking for an easy jjamppong recipe? Learn how to make jjamppong using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by derusx2
Makes 1 serving
Growth Phase Meal : 1 hour and 3 hours after training
Recipe Ingredients for jjamppong
|200||grams udon noodles|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||tsp minced ginger|
|1||tbs olive oil|
|1||tbs oyster sauce|
|1||tbs fish sauce|
|1/2||tbs hot pepper flakes|
|35||g jumbo shrimp|
|2||oz pork loin|
|1/4||cup napa cabbage|
Recipe Directions for jjamppong
- Pour 7 cups of water into a pot. Add 10 large dried anchovies (after removing heads and guts), a handful of dried kelp, half a medium sized onion, and 3 dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Boil it for 10 minutes over high heat. Then lower the heat to low-medium and boil for 30 minutes more. Then set it aside
- In a small bowl, mix 1½ tbs of hot pepper flakes and 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- *tip: The reason we make this mixture is to prevent the hot pepper flakes from floating in the soup when it boils. You can add or decrease the amount of hot pepper flakes and vegetable oil according to your taste
- Cut squid in half lengthwise, then lightly cut the inside of the squid into a grid pattern.
- Shell 3 large shrimp and 4 mussels per serving.
- Cut 2 oz of pork into thin strips.
- Slice the napa cabbage and onion into bite sized pieces.
- Cut leeks and green onions into about 7 cm in length. Add some bamboo shoots.
- *tip: 3-4 cups worth of vegetables are used per serving.
- Boil water in a large pot and add the noodles. Cook for a few minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water.
- *tip: When you cook the noodles, take a sample to see if it?s cooked fully or not. The noodles should be soft and chewy.
- In a heated pan, drop 1 tbs of vegetable oil, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 ts of minced ginger and stir it until its color starts to change to golden brown.
- Put pork strips into the pan and stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Put in vegetables (cabbage, napa cabbage, carrot , sliced onion, green onion, leeks, white mushrooms, and a few pieces of bamboo shoots) and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and put the mixture of hot pepper flakes and vegetable oil into the pot. Stir it.
- Put in seafood (squid, shrimp, and mussels) and keep stirring.
- Pour 5-6 cups of stock into the pan and boil it for about 5 minutes.
- Skim off the foam from the top with a spoon.
- Add 1 tbs of fish sauce, 1 tbs of oyster sauce, and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Put some noodles in a large serving bowl and pour the soup and cooked ingredients on top of the noodles. Serve it hot.
Serving Size 901.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!