Jambalaya Seafood Gumbo Recipe
Looking for an easy Jambalaya Seafood Gumbo recipe? Learn how to make Jambalaya Seafood Gumbo using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by drobinson93
Makes 7 servings
Hearty Heirloom Louisiana Jambalaya Gumbo
Recipe Ingredients for Jambalaya Seafood Gumbo
|3||tbsp Olive Oil|
|0.25||oz Wheat Flour, White, All-purpose, Enriched, Bleached|
|1||cup, chopped Onions|
|0.25||cup, diced Celery|
|0.33||cup, chopped Peppers, Sweet, Green|
|0.5||cup, chopped Onions, Spring Or Scallions|
|3||oz Tomato Paste|
|1||tbsp, crumbled Bay Leaf|
|0.12||tsp, leaves Thyme, Dried|
|0.25||tsp Sauce, Ready-to-serve, Pepper, Tabasco|
|0.12||tsp Pepper, Red Or Cayenne|
|0.25||tsp Pepper, Black|
|0.25||oz Worcestershire Sauce|
|8||oz Tomatoes, Red, Ripe|
|3.5||cup (8 fl oz) Water|
|16||oz Shrimp, Mixed Species|
|8||oz Crab, Alaska King, Imitation|
|1||tbsp Parsley, Dried|
|16||oz Calrose Rice|
|1||tsp Salt, Table|
|1||serving Boudreaux's Brand Crawfish Tail Meat|
|0.25||serving Hot Sauce|
Recipe Directions for Jambalaya Seafood Gumbo
- Steam rice in a rice steamer or cook on stove top according to box directions.
- In a large, heavy skillet (not black iron) heat half the oil.
- Add okra and cook, stirring often until stringing stops, about 40-50 minutes. If necessary, add more oil to prevent burning.
- In a 5 quart soup pot, heat remaining oil and gradually add flour, stirring constantly until roux is dark brown.
- Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Add green pepper, green onions, and garlic; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, bay leaves, thyme, salt Tabasco, cayenne, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add tomatoes with liquid and stir until smooth.
- Add cooked okra.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and crabmeat; continue to simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add oysters with liquid and parsley, and cook 10 minutes. If too thick, thin with water.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Freezes well, so you can double recipe and make more for another meal.
Fish, Herbs, Rice, Seafood, Tomatoes, Vegetables
Serving Size 519.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!