Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Looking for an easy Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers recipe? Learn how to make Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by themcmaster
Makes 8 servings
A low-carb casserole with all the goodness of pizza but without the extra calories from a crust.
Recipe Ingredients for Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers
|370||2 medium bell peppers|
|150||2 banana peppers|
|500||6 small tomatoes|
|2||tbsp sunflower oil|
|1||tsp seasoned salt|
|1||lb sirloin steak, sliced very thin (fryer steak)|
|1||cup tomato paste|
|1||tsp cilantro (paste)|
|1||tsp black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4||cup lime juice|
|1/4||cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2||tsp chili powder|
|400||g pizza blend shredded cheese|
|56||12 slices reduced fat|
Recipe Directions for Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare all vegetables - core the peppers and slice into long quarters, slice the tomatoes in half, and slice the zucchini into long strips 1/8" thick.
- Toss peppers and tomatoes in oil, pepper, and seasoned salt.
- Spread oil on a nonstick baking pan and lay the zucchini on it. Flip. Sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange peppers and tomatoes, cut side up, on a baking tray.
- Roast all vegetables for 30 minutes at 350 F, or until softened, but not browned.
- To prepare steak marinade, combine tomato paste with lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining seasonings in a bowl with a lid. Set aside 1/4 the marinade in a separate container.
- Add steak. Refrigerate and allow to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.
- Put down a layer of peppers. This should use all the peppers.
- Cover with cheese.
- Add the layer of zucchini. Cover with cheese.
- Cover the cheese with the steak. You can cut the steak into pieces if desired with a scissors.
- Spread remaining sauce over steak.
- Cover steak with a thin layer of cheese.
- Add tomatoes, cut side up.
- Cover tomato layer with raw bacon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy around the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes, cut, and serve.
Beef, Cheese, Tomatoes, Vegetables, Main Dish, Bake, Gluten-Free
Serving Size 343.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!