Hey, Lasgne-Meat-a-Ball Holiday Dinner! Recipe
Looking for an easy Hey, Lasgne-Meat-a-Ball holiday dinner! recipe? Learn how to make Hey, Lasgne-Meat-a-Ball holiday dinner! using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by roncos
Makes 24 servings
Lasagne, Meatball, sausage with tomato sauce for Christmas dinner
Recipe Ingredients for Hey, Lasgne-Meat-a-Ball holiday dinner!
|2||lb beef chuck|
|1/2||cup bread crumb|
|4||oz tomato paste|
|6||tbsp olive oil|
|3||lbs ricotta cheese|
|1 1/2||lbs mozzarella cheese|
|4||oz parmesan cheese|
|4||tbsp olive oil|
Recipe Directions for Hey, Lasgne-Meat-a-Ball holiday dinner!
- Mix well beef, eggs, crumb, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic and parsley (both chopped fine.)
- Form into 2 oz balls, dredge in flour, and fry till brown in 1" of canola oil to which 1 oz of olive oil has been added. Drain excess fat on paper towels.
- Pierce sausage with a fork and poach in water or stock.
- Finely chop onion and saute in 4 tbsp olive oil with 4-5 whole garlic cloves in a 7 quart heavy pot, add poached sausage, also saute pork neck bones or pork spare ribs for favor (to be removed later.)
- Cook vegetables until soft and smash down into a paste. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper, crushed oregano and/or basil if desired.
- Mix together well: ricotta, eggs, 1/2 lb mozzarella in 1/4 inch dice, parsley, garlic crushed into paste. Set aside
- Béchamel: Heat olive oil, in a small (1 qt) fry pan, add flour and cook gently for 5 minutes. This makes a roux. Meanwhile microwave until hot: 3 cups milk infused with flavorings: a slice of onion, ground nutmeg, crushed garlic, and a piece of celery. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully (slowly) strain milk mixture into your roux, (discarding flavorings) salt and pepper to taste. Cook down to make a thickened white sauce (béchamel). Keep warm.
- Construction: Use a 12 x16 x 4 inch deep lasagne pan. Heavy crockery works best.
- Put a thin layer (about 1 cup) of tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of 4 pieces of Barilla® no-boil lasagne sheets. Follow with 1/4 of the the ricotta mixture, drizzle on another 1/2 cup tomato sauce, followed by grating 1/2 oz of the parmesan cheese. Continue building layers likewise for 4 more layers. The top layer is 4 piece of lasagne, 1 cup of sauce, 1 lb of the mozzarella slice or grated and the remainder of the Béchamel over the top. Finish with grated parmesan.
- Bake @ 400 degree F oven in a water bath for about 45 minutes until top is firm and golden brown.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before cuttting into servings.
- Serve with meatballs, sausage and tomato sauce, sprinkled with parmesan.
Main Dish, Christmas
Serving Size 365.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!