Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Herbed White Bean Soup Recipe
Looking for an easy Herbed White Bean Soup recipe? Learn how to make Herbed White Bean Soup using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by gmadden
Makes 8 servings
French white bean soup minus potatoes
Recipe Ingredients for Herbed White Bean Soup
|1||pound white beans|
|4||cups chicken stock|
|1||cup chopped country ham|
|3/4||cup chopped carrots|
|3/4||cup chopped yellow onion|
|2||cloves garlic, crushed and chopped|
|2||teaspoons dried parsley|
|1 1/4||teaspoons rubbed sage|
|1/2||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon crushed rosemary|
|1/8||teaspoon (pinch) dried basil|
Recipe Directions for Herbed White Bean Soup
- Herbed White Bean Soup
- Flickr User "thebittenword"Ads
- Foods That Cause Joint Pain
- Learn about foods that cause joint pain. Get help & feel better right here.
- Olive Garden Potato Soup
- Get Easy Recipes. Italian Eatery Recipes & More. Recipe Toolbar
- Foods That Cause Joint Pain
- Stop Foods That Cause Joint Pain. Treat the Pain & Live your Life!
- French Food Ads
- ?Navy Bean Ham Soup Recipe
- ?Green Bean Recipes
- ?Potato Soup Recipe
- ?French Recipe
- ?Homemade Vegetable Soup
- White beans sometimes carry the connotation of being boring. I prefer to view them as a delicious, blank culinary canvas, though. For one, I think their creamy texture is nothing short of addictive; it adds a velvety mouth-feel to any dish, without adding any fat. Combine that with the fact that they?re a great source of inexpensive protein and they?re almost impossible to cook wrong. This herbed white bean soup recipe is punched up with classic Provencal spices to delicious effect.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hoursIngredients:
- ?1 pound dried white beans, sorted and rinsed (Navy, great northern, canellini)
- ?4 cups chicken stock
- ?2 cups water
- ?1 cup chopped country ham
- ?3/4 cup chopped carrots
- ?3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- ?2 gloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- ?2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ?1 1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- ?1/2 teaspoon salt
- ?1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ?1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ?1/8 teaspoon (pinch) dried basil
- ?2 small golden potatoes, cooked and mashed (about 2/3 cup)
- Cover the beans with 1 inch of water and soak them overnight, or bring them to a rapid boil, cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drain the beans, place them in a large saucepan, and add the chicken stock, water, ham, carrots, onions, and seasonings to the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat and allow the soup to cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours, until the beans are tender. Use a stick blender to blend some of the beans and thicken soup. Serve hot.
- This herbed white bean soup makes 8 to 10 servings.
Serving Size 277.7g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!