Harvest Pork Stew Recipe
Looking for an easy Harvest Pork Stew recipe? Learn how to make Harvest Pork Stew using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by nicolya42
Makes 4 servings
From allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/harvest-pork-stew/detail.aspx The ingredients represented here represent 2/3 of the original recipe.
Recipe Ingredients for Harvest Pork Stew
|1||tbsp Olive Oil|
|16||oz Pork, Fresh, Loin, Tenderloin|
|2||cup Chicken Broth|
|0.25||tsp Salt, Table|
|0.13||tsp Rosemary, Dried|
|0.16||tbsp Sage, Ground|
|1/4||tsp Bay Leaf|
|2||cup, cubes Squash, Winter, Butternut|
|1||cup, quartered or chopped Apples|
|1.5||potato (2-1/2" dia, sphere) Potatoes, Boiled, Cooked In Skin, Flesh|
|1||cup, chopped Carrots|
Recipe Directions for Harvest Pork Stew
- Melt the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir in the garlic and onion, and continue to cook until the onion has softened, and the pork is firm, and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place the pork and onions into a large saucepan. Pour in the chicken broth, and season with salt, rosemary, sage, and the bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the butternut squash, apples, potatoes, and carrots.
- Return to a simmer, then cook, uncovered until the squash and apples are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
- Original Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups frozen, cubed butternut squash
- 2 MacIntosh apples, cored and cubed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced (optional)
- Reduced recipe (per allrecipes.com):
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon butter or oil
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5/8 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 5/8 bay leaf
- 2 cups frozen, cubed butternut squash
- 1-1/4 MacIntosh apples, cored and cubed
- 1-1/4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 1-1/3 cups carrots, peeled and diced (optional)
Serving Size 455.7g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!