Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Green Lentil Curry Recipe
Looking for an easy Green Lentil Curry recipe? Learn how to make Green Lentil Curry using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by mjchurch
Makes 4 servings
Eaten over rice with yogurt, it's a very satisfying meal.
Recipe Ingredients for Green Lentil Curry
|3||tbsp olive oil|
|1/4||tsp cumin seeds|
|1||tbsp tomato paste|
|1 1/4||cups dried lentils|
|4||ounces green beans|
|2||cups plain yogurt|
Recipe Directions for Green Lentil Curry
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger,
- garlic, coriander and ground cumin. Stir
- in 1/4 cup of water to make a paste. In
- a small skillet, heat the oil until
- shimmering. Add the cumin seeds and
- cook over moderately high heat for 5
- seconds, just until sizzling. Add the
- shallot and cook, stirring, until lightly
- browned, about 1 minute. Add the
- spice paste and let cook until most of
- the liquid has evaporated, about 2
- minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and
- cook until thick, about 1 minute longer.
- In a saucepan, combine the lentils with
- the turmeric and 5 cups of water; bring
- to a boil. Cover partially and simmer
- over low heat for 20 minutes, until the
- lentils are barely tender. Add the green
- beans, kale, carrot, three-fourths of the
- cilantro and the cayenne and season
- with salt. Cook until the lentils and
- vegetables are tender, 15 minutes.
- Scrape in the spice paste and the
- remaining cilantro. Simmer for 5
- minutes, then serve.
Main Dish, Indian
Serving Size 338.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!