Green Edamame Burgers Recipe
Looking for an easy Green Edamame Burgers recipe? Learn how to make Green Edamame Burgers using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by alixe
Makes 4 servings
higher calorie burger for a change from black bean burgers
Recipe Ingredients for Green Edamame Burgers
|1||cup quinoa, cooked|
|1/2||tsp. lemon pepper|
|1 1/2||tbsp soy sauce|
|1||tbsp agave syrup|
|2||tbsp orange juice|
Recipe Directions for Green Edamame Burgers
- Cook edamame soy beans.
- Cook rice/veggies.
- *steam in microwave or use dutch oven on stove top.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss edamame, rice, 1 tsp lemon pepper.
- Let marinate while you prep tomatoes.
- Slice mini tomatoes in half-or large tomatoes into slices.
- Toss tomatoes in a bowl with olive oil, vinegar, wine and pepper.
- Let tomatoes sit.
- Now prepare the slaw by combining all slaw ingredients in a bowl. Toss well. Cool in fridge until needed.
- To make the burgers, first drain rice/bean mixture of excess soy sauce/liquid.
- Pour drained bean/rice mixture into food processor.
- Add mustard powder, agave syrup and orange juice.
- Blend on high until smooth and thick.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Add sesame rice crackers to food processor (no need to wash the container of burger residue)
- Blend into fine crumbs.
- Fold rice cracker crumbs into burger mixture.
- Using hands, form into 3 burger sized patties.
- optional: chill in fridge for ten minutes.
- Cook burger for 1-2 minutes on each side in an olive-oil greased pan or grill.
- Add cheese slice and allow to melt over low heat for an additional minute.
- Cheese melt tip: Add an ice cube to the pan or grill-cover and allow ice steam to melt cheese.
- Warm oil-brushed buns in toaster or over hot grill.
- Next, assemble burgers.
- Bottom layer burger-spread on 1 tsp vegenaise.
- Add a pinch of flat Italian parsley, chopped.
- Add onion slice.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp spicy slaw.
- Add burger with cheese.
- Place mini tomatoes (or tomato slice) on top of cheese. Spread 1 tsp Dijon mustard on top bun. Place top bun on tomatoes.
- Secure with a mini-tomato-stuck bamboo skewer.
- Wrap in foil to serve later, or serve now!
- Slice in half.
Serving Size 126.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!