Ginger and Grape Fruit Cheesecake Recipe
Looking for an easy Ginger and Grape Fruit Cheesecake recipe? Learn how to make Ginger and Grape Fruit Cheesecake using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by lm201
Makes 12 servings
From Bon Appetit Jan 2007. Slightly modified from the original. GLUTEN FREE if made with GF graham style crackers. 1/2 size recipe
Recipe Ingredients for Ginger and Grape Fruit Cheesecake
|14||graham crackers (I use gluten free S'moreables)|
|13/20||cups heavy whipping cream|
|1/2||cup fresh ginger, circular slices, peeled|
|2||(8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature|
|1||tbs ground ginger|
|1 1/4||tsp vanilla extract|
|1||dash of salt|
|196||g grapefruit juice (1 fruit yield)|
|2||tbs ginger root, coarsely chopped|
Recipe Directions for Ginger and Grape Fruit Cheesecake
- For crust:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Blend graham crackers and sugar in processor to coarse crumbs.
- Add 1/2 cup butter.
- Blend until crumbs hold together; press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake crust until beginning to color, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Stack 3 long sheets of 18-inch-wide foil on work surface.
- Place cake pan in center.
- Fold foil snugly up sides of pan.
- For filling:
- Bring cream and fresh ginger to simmer. Remove from heat; cover.
- Steep 30 minutes.
- Strain cream.
- Combine Grape fruit juice (I use sections & squeeze them in the pan) with sugar and heat until a thick syrup consistency. (You will have to strain the fibrous material if you cook in whole sections.) Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, ground ginger, vanilla, and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well.
- Gradually beat in strained cream.
- Transfer to prepared crust.
- Place cake pan in large roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Place cake in water bath in oven.
- Bake cake until gently set, browned on top, and beginning to crack around edges, about 2 hours.
- Remove from water.
- Remove foil.
- Place hot cake, uncovered, in refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Do ahead. Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep cake chilled.
- For topping:
- Line large plate with several layers of paper towels.
- Cut all peel and pith off grapefruits.
- Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release segments; place on paper towels to drain.
- Cover with additional paper towels, pressing to absorb excess liquid. (I cut slices in half length-wise.)
- Do ahead. Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Chill, changing towels as needed.
- Cut around crust.
- Remove pan sides.
- Spread syrup over top; top with grapefruit.
- Do ahead. Can be made 1 hour ahead. Chill.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ginger-and-Pink-Grapefruit-Cheesecake-236892#ixzz1Dsz4Pp9p
Serving Size 99.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!