German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Looking for an easy German Chocolate Cake recipe? Learn how to make German Chocolate Cake using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by redstrat91
Makes 16 servings
German Chocolate Cake with pecan coconut frosting
Recipe Ingredients for German Chocolate Cake
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|12||oz evaporated milk|
|1 1/2||cup sugar|
|1 1/2||teaspoon vanilla|
|7||oz flaked coconut|
|1 1/2||cup chopped pecans|
Recipe Directions for German Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the bottoms of three 9 inch round cake pans with wax paper.
- Microwave the chocolate and water in a large bowl on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chcolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after reach addition until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl with electric mixer ono high speed until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
- Gently stir into batter, do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center
- Immediatlely run s patula between cakes and sides of pans
- Cool 15 minutes, remove from pans, remove wax paper
- Cool completely on wire racks
- Spread coconut pecan frosting between layers and over the top of cake.
- Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Mix milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks, and vanilla in a large saucepan, Cook and stir on medium heat about 12 mi nutes or until thickened and golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans. Cool to room temperature and of spreading consistancy.
Serving Size 178.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!