Fried Avocado Tacos with Sesame and Lime -D B+ Recipe
Looking for an easy Fried Avocado Tacos with Sesame and Lime -D B+ recipe? Learn how to make Fried Avocado Tacos with Sesame and Lime -D B+ using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by amydrummond
Makes 6 servings
Recipe Ingredients for Fried Avocado Tacos with Sesame and Lime -D B+
|1||cup sour cream|
|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|2||cloves garlic, peeled and chopped|
|1||pieces serrano pepper with seeds|
|2||cups cilantro leaves|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1||1/2 a head green cabbage|
|2||teaspoons toasted sesame oil|
|3||tablespoons sesame seeds, divided|
|1||pinch kosher salt|
|2||cups corn flakes|
|1||piece Chile Powder|
|6||corn tortillas, warmed|
|2||cups canned pinto beans|
|1/2||cup crumbled cotija cheese, for serving|
Recipe Directions for Fried Avocado Tacos with Sesame and Lime -D B+
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper with seeds, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves and tender stems (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- pinch kosher salt
- canola oil for frying
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 teaspoon aleppo chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ripe but firm-ish avocados
- corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, recipe follows or substitute canned\
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese, for serving\
- lime wedges, for serving
- Make the creamy cilantro sauce by combining the sour cream, canola oil, the juice of one of the limes, garlic, serrano, cilantro, and a teaspoon of kosher salt in a food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce is smooth and thin and a lovely shade of spring green.
- Make the cabbage slaw by combining the shredded cabbage with the juice of the second lime, the sesame oil, one tablespoon of sesame seeds, and a hefty pinch of kosher salt.
- Prepare the fried avocados. Pour enough canola oil into a cast iron skillet to come about an inch up the sides of the pan and heat over medium until the oil reaches around 375 degrees. Put the corn flakes in a zippered bag and crush with a rolling pin- you're looking for your largest flakes to be no bigger than panko bread crumbs. Combine the corn flakes with the chile flakes, the remaining two tablespoons of sesame seeds, sugar, and salt on a plate. Put the beaten egg in a shallow bowl. When your oil is hot, cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Cut the halves in half again and pull the skin off the avocado quarters. One at a time, toss the avocado quarters in beaten egg and then in the corn flake mixture, and then drop gently into the hot oil. Fry, flipping once, until both sides of the avocados are golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Assemble the tacos. Top each corn tortilla with a handful of the cabbage slaw, a few spoon fulls of warm pinto beans, 1-2 pieces of fried avocado, the creamy cilantro sauce, and some crumbled cotija.
- Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
Beans, Vegetables, Main Dish, Mexican, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Serving Size 328.5g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!