Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna Recipe
Looking for an easy Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna recipe? Learn how to make Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by no0ne1330
Makes 8 servings
Fresh spinach and sun-dried tomato lasagna
Recipe Ingredients for Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna
|16||ounce lasagna noodles|
|1 1/2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||carrot, finely chopped|
|1||stalk celery, finely chopped|
|3/4||pound mushrooms, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup dry white wine|
|28||ounce diced tomatoes with juice|
|2||sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1||salt to taste|
|1||ground black pepper to taste|
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||cups heavy whipping cream|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|8||cups spinach, rinsed|
|1||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
Recipe Directions for Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna
- Cook lasagna in boiling salted water in a large pot until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat one half tablespoon of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrots, stir and cook until onions have softened.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes(include liquid), sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the white sauce, heat remaining oil in a heavy pan over low heat.
- Add flour, whisk constantly until the flour begins to turn a light brown.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cream.
- Season with nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 cup of the mushroom sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish, add one layer of noodles, then another 1/2 cup of mushroom sauce.
- Arrange a single layer of the fresh spinach leaves over the sauce and drizzle them with 1/3 cup of the white sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese over the spinach and top with another layer of the noodles. Repeat 5 times.
- In a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven bake for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Cheese, Pasta, Main Dish
Serving Size 363.7g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!