Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
If you're under 21 and not eating at least 1500 for a female (sedentary) and 1800 for a male (sedentary), don't post your menu. It would be a lie if I said "I don't care if you're under eating" because that is just that - a lie. I know how painful and damaging it can be, even if only by a little under that calorie amount. You are growing, still. But if you completely insist you know best, that you prefer a future of infertility or impotence and osteoporosis and worse, then at least do not flaunt it to the rest of CC, alright?
Work out your needs with the appropriate calculator. If you're older, state you are older - and even then it's 1200 min for a sedentary female and 1500 min for a sedentary male. But again, work it out!
Welcome to the YCCers: What did YOU eat today thread for the week starting the 28th of March to the 4th of April 2009!
After various issues with the former "What did YOU eat today?" thread involving need for constant post deletion thanks to undereaters, and it generally being outdated, we've decided to start a new WDYET? thread for YCCers every week. Why? Because this way, it will be easier for us mods to work against those that post violations whilst still allowing you YCCers to post your menus (provided they meet the thread rules). It's also been updated to allow not just for teens, but YCCers generally.
But to avoid the problems that caused the last WDYET? thread to be locked, be aware of these thread rules BEFORE you post:
1) Any menu that does not total or appear to total at least 1500 calories for a female under 21 or 1800 for a male under 21 will be removed. Please remember the minimum guidelines for a female and male under 21 are as above and are the sedentary minimums; if you work out, or are not very short and very small you will need more than this. Consumption of less than this comes with a great many related dangers, even if it is only by 100 or 200 calories and can stunt growth and development in the long run. To work out what you need, remember CC's tools are inaccurate for under 21's and so use this calculator instead: http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/bodycomp/bmiz2.html as you are still growing. Yes, even in the later years - there's more going on inside of you that you simply can't see. And if the numbers are confusing you or you'd like help with meal ideas and calorie breakdowns feel free to PM me! I'm happy to help with the maths if it means that no one is starving themselves unduly.
2) If you are older than 21 please make this known before you post your intake. The minimum intake for a sedentary female over 21 is 1200 calories per day. However, I ask you state your age simply because I do not want to get you confused with someone under 21 and delete a menu unknowingly. If you don't state your age, and your menu is clearly below 1500, it will be removed per Rule 1.
3) Try to keep it positive, please. Ranting is okay but remember you can rant in your journals - and it's usually a better place to rant, as you can moderate your own journals rather than write something up here. Furthermore, please remember one day of "crummy" eating isn't going to hurt you, and watch use of the word "binge" - binge eating is a very serious problem, not someone eating an extra couple hundred calories or up to maintanance calories one day, or a large meal, or going for seconds. Still, try to keep it positive over negative, please! :]
And do remember - there will be teens here with differing goals to you. Gaining, maintaining, losing. Don't compare yourself to others - so long as you are healthy and eating enough for what you need, while not in violation of any of these rules, it doesn't matter what anyone else does! Be selfish! x]
4) Don't post a menu if it isn't complete. I'm personally tired of seeing people putting their breakfast, and then a whole menu of "will update" but never updating it. Even if it means you post your menu at the end of every day.
5) Please abide by the YCC Rules when you make your post. They can be found here: ~*YCC Forum Rules - Please read before posting*~
6) Please abide by the Posting Guidelines when you make your post, as expected of you ANY time you post in this forum.
7) If you see a violation of any of the above, please report it to a moderator. Moderators can be found in the lists at the top of each forum or recognised by the little CC sun next to their names. I am one of them. Hello!
8) If you have any questions you would like to raise of a moderator, again, please do feel free to shoot us a private message. I know I am, for one, happy to help with any queries.
Beyond that, happy posting!
- Moderator: lalabanana
Menoushee (this is a Lebanese/Armenian/Middle Eastern zahter pizza. Zahter is like a spice but not?) [455 cal]; and some dates
Chobani Peach Yogurt
8oz Vegetable soup
Stuffed Grape Leaves (another Mediterranean thing)
Pickled Beets (they're delicious, people should try them. Plus, they're neon pink).
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Dates again (I know this is kind of a repeat of earlier meals, but I love dates and grape leaves)
This all adds up to around 1630 calories (I didn't mention the sugar and coffee). It's actually a bit frustrating, because I have a lot of Lebanese food that is hard to calorie log. If anyone has a good site with info on Middle Eastern food, do tell!
Breakfast: Bowl of Kashi Vive/French Vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast with chopped strawberries and blueberries, and a slice of Ezekiel Bread spread with strawberry jam
Lunch: Turkey and cheddar whole wheat pita panini with a bowl of cottage cheese/strawberry greek yogurt topped with strawberries
Snack: Cafe au lait
Dinner: Panera Bread's chicken noodle soup with a few Kashi TLC honey sesame crackers
Snack: S'mores Luna Bar spread with PB and an extra small green apple
Breakfast: A piece of toast with rice bran oil spread and marmite, one feijoa and a berry yogurt
Snack: Roasted almond snack bar
Lunch: Ham sandwich with lite mayo
Snack: Another piece of toast (man I love toast) and a red bull energy drink....
Dinner: Not sure yet but maybe burritos :) I've been busy all day so have a lot of cals to enjoy for dinner, yumm. Will add up to about 1800 cals
Breakfast: Smoothie w/ banana, peanut butter and chocolate soymilk, Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel w/ Tofutti cream cheese
Lunch: Salad w/ strawberries, kidney beans, sunflower seeds and onion w/ sesame ginger dressing, blue corn tortilla chips w/ black bean salsa, celery w/ roasted red pepper hummus
Snack: Butter Pecan Soy Ice Cream w/ a ginger snap
Snack: Granny smith apple
Dinner: Homemade burrito on multigrain tortilla w/ blackbeans, guacamole and soyrizo (this stuff is SO good)
Snack: Vanilla soy yogurt w/ dark chocolate
breakfast: peanut butter and banana sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin. coffee with milk.
lunch: salad with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, peas, black olives, and balsamic vinaigrette. some applesauce. 1 cup of skim milk.
snack: maple brown sugar oatmeal. 4 large strawberries. chamomile tea, with a bit of honey.
dinner: bbq chicken sandwich. sweet potato with honey butter (usually i try to avoid butter, but this stuff was so good! it was butter with honey and cinnamon!). a bit of mac & cheese.
Breakfast: Veggie corn dog with a glass of OJ
Snack: Coffee and a choconut almond cookie
Lunch: Strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast, grilled cheese sandwich, small green apple, turkey slices, and some walnuts.
Snack: Green tea and 1/2 a whole wheat bagel and hummus
Dinner: Strawberry cottage cheese chicken, plantain, and a few Kashi TLC honey sesame crackers
Dessert: Banana rice pudding
Snack: Oatmeal mixed with PB
Breakfast: Gigantic homemade whole wheat banana chocolate chip pancakes, soy milk, peanut butter
Lunch: Steamed broccoli, carrots and tofu w/ masaman curry sauce, strawberries
Snack: Apple, almonds, 1/2 frozen banana
Dinner: Homemade burrito using multigrain tortilla w/ blackbeans, guacamole and soyrizo (this stuff is SO good), oatmeal, dark chocolate
breakfast: a bowl of flax flakes and TJ's High Fiber cereal with skim milk and a banana
lunch: i packed a wrap with avocado, hummus and veggies and carrots and an apple on the side, but i only really ate the veggies with a little bit of avocado/hummus and half the carrots dipped in the filling of the wrap.
snack: raw almonds and raisins
snack: chocolate fat free frozen yogurt with hot fudge
dinner: grilled cheese: two slices of ezekial bread, a tbsp smart balance light spread, two slices reduced fat swiss cheese, and a mango, fish oil supplement
Breakfast: A piece of toast with strawberry jam and two feijoas
Snack: Red bull drink (sugarfree) and a honey and oats snack bar
Lunch: 3 pieces of tuna sushi, 3 pieces of avocado, pineapple and cream cheese sushi. A fun size packet of crispy m&m's.
Snack: Met a friend so it was a lite caramel frap from starbucks for me ;)
Dinner: Spaghetti with a mince bolognaise herb sauce
Dessert: Mixed berry yogurt
Not a hugely nutritious day but could be worse!
Breakfast: A giant bowl of Kashi GLC in strawberry yogurt and topped with chopped strawberries (heaveeenn <3)
Snack: Chai tea Luna Bar
Lunch: Chicken tortilla soup and a turkey ranch sandwich
Snack: A glass of Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast and a Kashi TLC oatmeal raisin flax cookie
Dinner: Walnut crusted orange roughy, plantain, and avocado
Snack: Greek yogurt and PB
Breakfast: Apples & Cinnamon Oatmeal, Banana, LowFat Yogurt
Lunch: BBQ Quorn (chicken-style pieces) mixed with Red and Yellow Peppers, Corn w/ bit of Green Peppers, Lettuce, 3 Tomato Wedges
Dinner: Baked Potato, Mixed Vegetables, Lettuce, 2 Tomato Wedges, Half a Large Apple (slightly crap dinner, give or take)
Snack: LowFat Yogurt, Nilla Wafer
Breakfast: two whole wheat waffles sandwiched together with peanut butter and banana, half a glass of skim milk
Lunch: two slices of ezekial bread with turkey and soy cheese, bag of mixed raw veggies, an orange
Snack: a glass of skim milk, two servings of low fat chocolate cat cookies, some grapes
Snack: a peanut butter Nature Valley granola bar
Dinner: three ounces of grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, fish oil supplement,ciabatta roll with smart balance, large piece of dark chocolate
breakfast: oatmeal, with 1/4 cup of raisins and 1/4 cup of chopped dates. 1 hard-boiled egg white. coffee with milk.
lunch: turkey & lettuce sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin. baby carrots, dipped in light sesame dressing. "light" lemonade.
snack: nonfat blueberry yogurt. some pretzels. strawberries.
dinner: bowl of organic vegetable & kidney bean soup. a couple servings of whole wheat goldfish crackers. some more baby carrots.
idk, i deff remember eating much more than many of the ppl posting here when i was a teen, other than those intentionally trying to gain, hmm
B: PB sandwich, blueberry yogurt, apple
L: tofu salad sandwich (its a mock egg salad), fruit on the bottom yogurt
S: triple chocolate chip muffin, prunes
D: veg salad, cheeseburger, string beans
S: fruit yogurt, apple, chocolate PB
Breakfast: A bowl of Kashi GLC in greek yogurt with chopped peach halves and a strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast
Lunch: Tomato gorgonzola & feta soup and a toasted hummus sandwich on ezekiel bread
Snack: Creamy coffee Brown Cow cream top yogurt with chopped pecans
Snack: Fruit cup
Dinner: Pinto beans, rice, and a salad
Snack: Cottage cheese, 1/2 a peanut butter cookie Luna Bar, maple syrup, and cinnamon
Snack: Other 1/2 of Luna Bar
Trailing a limb or two off the wagon what for the weekend...
Breakfast: Oatmeal, Banana, LowFat Yogurt
Lunch: Roast Chicken in Gravy, Cooked Cabbage, Cucumbers, Tomato Wedges, Lettuce
Snack: Orange (pretty largeo)
Dinner: Chicken Ramen, Unsweetened Applesauce
Snack: Kettle Corn, Apple
Hello, I think this thread is overdue but i'll post what I ate today anyways. ;P
Breakfast: Amy's meal, Glass of soya milk
Lunch: Wheat thin crackers, southwestern veggie sandwich, and an orange
Dinner: Spaghetti with parmesan cheese, glass of soya milk
Snack: Strawberry popsicle (100%)
breakfast: 2 slices of flax & fiber bread, with jelly. nonfat peach yogurt.
snack: large smoothie [frozen peaches, mangos, strawberries, and concord grapes; nonfat milk; trop50 orange juice; lowfat yogurt; fresh strawberries]. celery with hummus.
lunch: black olives, 3 stuffed grape leaves. 1 orange. chamomile tea.
dinner: egg noodles, mixed with cottage cheese. asparagus, with butter.
probably about 1500-1600 calories. normally i have a bit more, but i was sick and slept for a good chuck of the day. =[
I think this post has extended itself. And rightly so.
Breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 1/2 Slice Toast, Banana, LowFat Yogurt
Lunch: Tomato Penna Pasta (with Peppers and Onions), Peas, Cucumber, Tomato Wedges, Lettuce
Dinner: Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce, Green Beans, Cucumber, Tomato Wedge, Lettuce
Snack: Kettle Corn, Pear, Peppermint Tea
Breakfast: I really dislike eating breakfast. I had 2 cups of Spiced Chai with rice dream in it and two artificial sweetners to start my day off right!
Lunch: Half a pita with 4 original tofurky slices, cucumber, onions, little ketchup and muistard, and little bit of light mayo.
Snack: Apple with 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Supper: 2 spring rolls with rice and veggies (carrots, peas, and green beans). A little bit of plum sauce for dipping and some soya sauce.
Snack: Oatmeal Crisp cereal dry with a few raisins and unsalted cashews.