Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
I have recently come to an odd realization, and I want to see if it is backed up by large populations of data. :) Would any of you do me the kind favor of responding to a few questions? Thanks. :)
1. If you have tried several diets, which macronutrient ratios worked best for you? (i.e. low-fat, low-carb, low-protein, or actual carbohydrates/proteins/fats values)
2. What nationality/ancestry are you a part of? (i.e. Russian, Italian/French/etc, English, etc)
1) Low carb 60 - 70 % fat, 20 - 30 % protein, 0 - 10% carbs. No sugar, no dairy, no grains
2) Norwegian / British
What's the theory?
1) low fat
1. plant based, ~ 50% carb, 35% fat, 15% protein
2. northern european ancestry? who knows really.
What works best for me: 20% fat / 35% protein / 45% carbs plus high fiber (60g+ daily, 5-9 servings of veggies)
Scottish (mom's side) + Austrian Jew (dad's side)
- Mostly plants, plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lots of fiber, some nuts and healthy oils, a little bit of dairy and a little chicken and fish a couple times a week. Not really sure about the ratios, but generally about 50-60% carbs/~20% protein and the rest fat.
- Jewish, mostly eastern european descent I think.
What realization is that?
If she told us ahead of time, that might affect our answers and invalidate the survey. Give her a chance.
Well we certainly don't want that.
1. High (ish) carb, med protein, low fat. Lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
2. Portuguese and Ukranian ancestry
1. low carb, low fat, high protein (explanation: avoid the things a love (carbs!) and protein makes you feel full, and i'm always carefull with fat).
1. I follow the Mediterranean Diet and it's help me lose like 30 lbs and keep it of for 3 yrs!
2. I am 50% German ... my mom was born in Munich
Oooo...I'll be curious to hear the theory...
1. 40-45% carb/20-25% protein/35% fat
2. Jewish, mostly Eastern European (Ukrainian/Russian/Polish/German)
Doing what I'm doing through Calorie-Count is the best thing I've ever done for my health. I've cut way back on processed foods and added sugars & salt, eating mostly whole foods prepared at home with tons of fresh produce. I eat a high-fiber vegetarian diet with fish, eggs and dairy (no red meat or poultry since I was 11 years old), and maybe a 70% Western diet, 30% East Asian diet.
1. 50-65% carbs, 15-25% protein, 20-30% fat
2. Korean raised in the US
"Profile was not found or has not been created."
I guess his/her account was deleted?
1. 60~70% Carb, 20~30% Fat, 10~20% Protein (not always the same every day just my average)
2. Italian American
1. 50-60% carb, 25%-30% fat, 15-25% protein
1. 50-60% carb, 25-35% protein, 15-25% fat
No, it just mean she hasn't written a bio. I believe you'd get the same thing if you click on my profile.
Nope. Doesn't say it for you.
Edit: Oh, I think it's because s/he also doesn't have a profile picture.
Yes, please do give me a chance...and so far, I am totally correct. ;) But I still need quite a bit more data, please do contribute people! :D
And if you have a bad experience with particular macronutrient ratios or diets, please note that as well (and why, such as...too many cravings, not enough energy, cut out too many favorite foods, etc).
I will definitely share my results with you all soon! :)