Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Hi, I'm eating healthy now. Lots of vegies and fruits. No more junk. But now, many times a month will have a looser stool, which involves more tp usage. What can help? What foods to firm up? Thanks for any suggestions. :)
Whole grains/multi-grains did if for me -- big time and consistently:
- whole grain/multi-grain pasta such as Healthy Harvest or Barilla+
- baking my pizza crust, biscuits, cake, bread using whole wheat flour
- eating whole grain or multi-grain bread and wraps
Also, a lot of fiber and plenty of water:
- carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, etc.
- steel cut oats
- small red beans, black beans, etc.
- lentils, split peas
I went from having really, really soft stools to very firm and healthy ones.
Eat a little less fruit perhaps. Fibrous foods are great for producing bulky stools but fruit, which tends to be acidic, can upset the stomach if eaten in too-large amounts and this results in loose stools or diarrhoea. Get a good balance of other foods besides i.e. fats/oils and proteins.