Egyptian Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
Looking for an easy Egyptian Stuffed Vine Leaves recipe? Learn how to make Egyptian Stuffed Vine Leaves using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jackistennes
Makes 8 servings
My mother in laws wonderful vine leaves!
Recipe Ingredients for Egyptian Stuffed Vine Leaves
|490||g Vine Leaves|
|2||cups White Basmati Rice|
|1||cube chicken stock|
|1/4||cup tomato paste|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
Recipe Directions for Egyptian Stuffed Vine Leaves
- dice 3 tomatoes, 3 onions, dill, parsley, 1 clove garlic
- slice 1 clove garlic, 1 tomato and 1 onion and put aside
- wash rice
- heat olive oil and ghee in a large pot
- add diced onions and garlic - cook until soft
- add tomato paste and diced tomatoes
- reduce to a medium heat
- add salt, pepper and cardamom
- add half of the parsley and dill and mix through
- add rice
- add 2nd half of the parsley and dill
- take off heat and put aside until cool enough to touch
- remove vine leaves from jar - do not discard jar juice, put aside to use later
- if stems on leaves have not been removed, keep a small knive handy to use for removal.
- in a large pot, cover the botom with sliced tomato and onion
- TO ROLL VINE LEAVES
- lay 1 leaf flat with smooth side facing down, rough side facing you.
- place a small spoonful of rice mixture into the botom center of the leaf.
- fold botom corners inward, and continue rolling, gathering sides inwards until you reach the top - try to keep them rolled tightly, size depends on you!!
- place them into large pot, tightly circling within pot until full.
- in a small pot boil vine leaf juice, chicken stock ( may add 1/2 lemon juice and a dash of oil to taste)
- add this to the pot of vine leaves
- place vine leaves on high heat until you see water boiling within vine leaves, allow to boil for a few minutes, then cover and reduce heat
- cook until rice is cooked within - about 30-45 minutes
Appetizers, Main Dish, Middle Eastern
Serving Size 371.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!