Eggplant, Mushroom, Tomato Casserole Recipe
Looking for an easy Eggplant, Mushroom, Tomato Casserole recipe? Learn how to make Eggplant, Mushroom, Tomato Casserole using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jdwolverton
Makes 8 servings
Casserole features eggplant, onion, garlic, multi-color bell peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes. Seasoned with parsley, fresh ground black pepper, and thyme. Casserole is topped with Parmesan & Mozzarella cheese and baked until golden brown.
Recipe Ingredients for Eggplant, Mushroom, Tomato Casserole
|4||tbsp Olive Oil|
|1||large Onion, diced|
|1||clove Garlic, pressed|
|1/2||cup Green Bell Pepper, diced|
|1/2||cup red Bell Pepper, diced|
|1/2||cup Yellow Bell Pepper, diced|
|1/4||pound Fresh Mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|15||oz Tomatoes, diced|
|1||tbsp Parsley, chopped|
|1/2||tsp Black Pepper|
|2||medium Eggplant, diced|
|1||small yellow squash, diced|
|1/2||tsp Seasoned salt|
|2||tbsp All-Purpose flour|
|1/4||cup Parmesan Cheese|
|1/4||cup mozzarella cheese, light|
Recipe Directions for Eggplant, Mushroom, Tomato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and 1 tbsp olive oil over medium low heat. Add onions and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and green bell pepper. Sauté additional 3 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Sauté additional 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, pepper, savory and thyme. Simmer 2 additional minutes.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat the remainder of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced eggplant, yellow squash and season salt.
- Sauté until lightly browned. Stir often.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in flour carefully with rubber spatula.
- Return skillet to heat. Add tomato mixture. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into greased casserole dish (9-inch x 9-inch).
- Sprinkle 1/2 cheese over top.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over top.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta with Garlic Bread on the side
Serving Size 252.9g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!