Custard Sauce (1 Cal/Gm) Recipe
Looking for an easy Custard Sauce (1 Cal/gm) recipe? Learn how to make Custard Sauce (1 Cal/gm) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by srdoc
Makes 10 servings
Part of Recipe for blueberry bread pudding below, just use custard sauce.
Recipe Ingredients for Custard Sauce (1 Cal/gm)
|1||cup milk, scalded|
|1/2||teaspoon vanilla extract|
Recipe Directions for Custard Sauce (1 Cal/gm)
- 10 10 10Servings Size
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups French bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Custard Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Change Measurements: US | Metric
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 Pudding: Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 2 Combine next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well.
- 3 Add bread cubes, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4 Fold in blueberries and lemon rind; spoon into prepared dish.
- 5 Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
- 6 Serve warm with Custard Sauce.
- 7 Yield: 10 servings Custard Sauce: Combine eggs, sugar, and salt in top of a double boiler, beating well.
- 8 Gradually stir about 1/2 cup milk into egg mixture; add remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- 9 Bring water in bottom of double boiler to a boil.
- 10 Reduce heat to low; cook custard over hot water, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 11 Cool slightly.
- 12 Add vanilla and lemon rind.
- 13 Yield: 1 1/3 cups.
Serving Size 36.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!