Curry Sauce - From a Curry Secret Recipe
Looking for an easy Curry Sauce - from A Curry Secret recipe? Learn how to make Curry Sauce - from A Curry Secret using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by jessicadaisy
Makes 8 servings
Is the base for approximately 8 main courses
Recipe Ingredients for Curry Sauce - from A Curry Secret
|4||tsp Ginger Root|
|8||oz Whole Tomatoes|
|8||tbsp Vegetable Oil, Canola|
|0.34||tbsp Tomato Paste|
Recipe Directions for Curry Sauce - from A Curry Secret
- Curry Sauce
- Creates 8 main course dishes (prep time: 1.5 hours )
- 2lb onions
- 4 to 6 tsp fresh ginger
- 4 to 6 tsp garlic
- 3 1/2 pints of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 8 oz tin of whole tomatoes
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- Stage 1
- Peel and rinse the onions, ginger, and garlic. Slice the onions and roughly chop the ginger and garlic.
- Put the chopped ginger and garlic into a blender with about 1 cup of the water and blend until smooth.
- Take a large saucepan and put into it the onions, the blended garlic and ginger, and teh remainder of the water.
- Add the salt and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to very low and simmer, with the lid on, for 40-45 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Stage 2
- Once cooled, pour half of the boiled onion mixture into a blender and blend until perfectly smooth. Absolute smoothness is essential. To be certain, blend for at least 2 minutes. Pour the blended onion mixture into a clean pan or bowl and repeat with the other half of the boiled onions.
- Freezing can be done at this point.
- Stage 3
- Open can of tomatoes, pour into the rinsed blender jug, and blend. Again, it is important that they are perfectly smooth, so blend for about 2 minutes.
- Into the clean saucepan, put the oil, tomato puree, turmeric, and paprika.
- Add the blended tomatoes and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Now add the onion mixture to the saucepan and bring to the boil again. Turn down the heat enough to keep the sauce at a simmer.
- You will notice at this stage that a froth rises to the surface of the sauce. This needs to be skinned off.
- Keep simmering and skimming for 20-25 minutes, stirring now and again to prevent the sauce sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Use immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Serving Size 358.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!