Creamy Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
Looking for an easy CREAMY VEGETABLE LASAGNE recipe? Learn how to make CREAMY VEGETABLE LASAGNE using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by josephino
Makes 9 servings
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Yield: 8-10 servings This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. The vegetables can revolve around your family's taste. We love it! Make ahead, assemble, cover and store in refrigerator till ready to bake. Left-overs freeze well.
Recipe Ingredients for CREAMY VEGETABLE LASAGNE
|8||ounces whole-wheat lasagna(9 noodles), uncooked|
|10||ounce frozen chopped spinach,thawed & squeezed in kitchen towel till mositure is out.|
|2||medium zucchini, sliced|
|16||ounces cremini mushrooms(2 cups)(baby portabella), sliced|
|1||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||Salt and pepper|
|1||roasted red pepper(in a jar or canned), drained, pat dry, quartered lengthwise then thinly sliced|
|1||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2||tablespoons (rounded) all-purpose flour|
|1||cup chicken stock|
|1||cup fat-free evaporated milk|
|1/4||teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg, eyeball it|
|12||ounces low-fat ricotta cheese|
|8||ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated|
|2||tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, a couple of handfuls, plus some to pass at the table|
|1||cup fresh basil leaves, about 20 leaves|
Recipe Directions for CREAMY VEGETABLE LASAGNE
- Preheat oven to 350F Degrees
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat.
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise then thinly slice into half moons and add to the pan along with the mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes then add onions and garlic to the pan.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- When the onions are tender, about 5 minutes, add defrosted spinach, separating into small bits as you handle it, and the roasted red peppers and toss to heat through.
- Transfer veggies to a dish and return skillet to stove top. Add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the butter. When the butter melts into extra-virgin olive oil, add 2 rounded tablespoons of flour and cook a minute or so, then whisk in stock and milk.
- Bring to a bubble and thicken the sauce, reducing it 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1 T. parmesan cheese.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir together in another bowl ricotta, mozzarella, egg white and nutmeg; mix well to combine. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Tear, shred basil and add to vegetable/cheese mixture.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of white sauce mixture into the bottom of a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with 3/4 cup more of sauce mixture and 1/2 of cheese/vegetable mixture; spread cheese/vegetable mixture to make an even layer.
- Top with 3 more noodles and press noodles slightly into cheese mixture.Top noodles with 3/4 cup more of white sauce mixture and remaining cheese/vegetable mixture.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles, pressing noodles slightly into cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining white sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 min. until lasagna filling is bubbly. Remove foil and bake 10 more min. until top is golden
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 9 even pieces.
Pasta, Vegetables, Main Dish, American, Italian, Bake, Saute
Serving Size 304.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!