Cream Puffs with Lemon-Cream Filling Recipe
Looking for an easy Cream Puffs With Lemon-Cream Filling recipe? Learn how to make Cream Puffs With Lemon-Cream Filling using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by lschofield
Makes 10 servings
Tiny egg-shaped candies tucked into the filling are a cute addition to this delicious dessert. Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cream-Puffs-with-Lemon-Cream-Filling-358200#ixzz1JLVxKSVt
Recipe Ingredients for Cream Puffs With Lemon-Cream Filling
|0.5||cup Sugars, Granulated|
|1||serving Egg, Whole|
|0.25||cup Lemon Juice|
|16||tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream|
|0.75||cup (8 fl oz) Water|
|0.75||cup Whole Milk|
|.5||tsp Salt, Table|
|1.5||cup All Purpose Flour|
|6||large Egg, Whole|
Recipe Directions for Cream Puffs With Lemon-Cream Filling
- For lemon-cream filling:
- Combine sugar, egg, lemon juice, lemon peel, and pinch of salt in heavy small saucepan; whisk to blend.
- Add butter.
- Stir constantly over medium-low heat until curd is hot and thick enough to coat spoon (do not boil), 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer lemon curd to medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream in another medium bowl until peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into curd in 3 additions.
- Cover and chill filling 1 hour.
- Keep chilled.
- For cream puffs:
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bring first 4 ingredients to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat, stirring with wooden spoon until butter melts.
- Add flour all at once and stir vigorously until dough forms and pulls away from sides of pan.
- Continue to stir until film forms on pan bottom, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer dough to large bowl.
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 egg and, still using wooden spoon, beat until blended.
- Add remaining 5 eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each, then beat until dough is smooth and shiny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer dough to pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch plain round tip.
- Pipe 1- to 1 1/4-inch mounds, spaced about 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Using wet finger, smooth tops of mounds.
- Bake puffs 15 minutes.
- Reverse baking sheets.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Continue to bake until puffs are dry, firm, and deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes longer.
- Cool puffs on baking sheets.
- For assembly:
- Cut each puff horizontally in half; pull out any soft dough.
- Fill puff bottoms with 1 tablespoon lemon-cream filling.
- Place egg-shaped candy atop filling, if desired.
- Press on puff tops to adhere.
- Place white chocolate in medium metal bowl.
- Set bowl over small saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate is soft and almost melted.
- Remove from over water; stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Using teaspoon, drizzle white chocolate decoratively over each cream puff.
- Arrange filled puffs on platter.
- until chocolate glaze sets, at least 15 minutes and up to 3 hours.
Dairy, Dessert, English, Easter
Serving Size 158.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!