Comfortably Domestic: Cajun Chicken Alfredo (Healthier) Recipe
Looking for an easy Comfortably Domestic: Cajun Chicken Alfredo (healthier) recipe? Learn how to make Comfortably Domestic: Cajun Chicken Alfredo (healthier) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by serradee
Makes 6 servings
Adapted from http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/05/cajun-chicken-alfredo/
Recipe Ingredients for Comfortably Domestic: Cajun Chicken Alfredo (healthier)
|1 1/4||lb boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 1/2||tbs. Cajun spice|
|2||tbs. butter, divided|
|1||tbs. olive oil (or more if needed)|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||c. (1/2 pint) grape tomatoes, halved|
|1/4||c. chicken broth|
|1 1/2||c. skim milk|
|1||tbsp cornstarch (to thicken milk in place of cream)|
|1 1/2||c. Parmesan cheese, grated|
|3||oz. herbed goat cheese, crumbled|
|1||tsp. kosher salt (or more, to taste)|
|1/2||tsp. ground black pepper (or more, to taste)|
|1||pound spaghetti, whole wheat, cooked|
|1||pinch ground nutmeg, for serving|
Recipe Directions for Comfortably Domestic: Cajun Chicken Alfredo (healthier)
- Cook fettuccini ?al-dente? according to package directions, stirring often. Drain, and rinse with hot tap water, to keep pasta from sticking. Drain again.
- For Chicken:
- Rinse chicken breast in cool water, and pat dry.
- Pound each chicken breast flat with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Set flattened breasts on a clean plate.
- Sprinkle a heavy amount of blackening spice on both sides of each chicken breast, pressing to adhere.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter, and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, until butter begins to brown.
- Place chicken in the pan, and sear on one side, until it is very brown, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken and sear the other side until very brown, about another 1 ˝ minutes. Work in batches so as not to crowd the pan.
- Place browned chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from the oven and thinly slice against the grain; set aside.
- For Sauce:
- If the skillet looks dry, add a bit more olive oil. Re-heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the dry white wine (or chicken broth) into the skillet to deglaze the pan?whisk all of the delicious brown bits off the bottom of the pan. (1-2 minutes)
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and sauté to soften and lightly caramelize, stirring occasionally. (1-2 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the heavy cream to the pan with the tomato mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Continue to stir the cream mixture while it simmers for 3-4 minutes. The cream will reduce slightly.
- Remove from heat. Add the grated cheeses, and goat cheese to the cream sauce. Stir constantly until all the cheese has melted, and sauce is smooth. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
- Pour the fettuccini onto the sauce, and top with the sliced chicken.
- Toss the pasta and chicken into the sauce with tongs, until well combined.
- Turn tossed pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size 317.6g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!