Cod Fillets Encrusted with Edamame, Walnut and Flax Seed - with a Mango Salsa Recipe
Looking for an easy Cod Fillets encrusted with edamame, walnut and flax seed - with a mango salsa recipe? Learn how to make Cod Fillets encrusted with edamame, walnut and flax seed - with a mango salsa using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by betosilva
Makes 2 servings
Pan seared then baked Edamame encrusted Cod with mango salsa
Recipe Ingredients for Cod Fillets encrusted with edamame, walnut and flax seed - with a mango salsa
|8||oz Cod fillets (4 oz each)|
|1||tbsp minced garlic|
|2||tbsp olive oil|
|1||tsp black pepper|
|1||tbsp lemon juice|
|2||tbsp balsamic vinegar|
|1/2||cup Dry Roasted Edamame Lightly Salted|
|1/4||cup flax seeds|
|1/8||cup minced walnuts|
|1/4||cup red onion|
|3||tbsp lemon juice|
|1/4||cup Tomatoes, Red, Ripe|
Recipe Directions for Cod Fillets encrusted with edamame, walnut and flax seed - with a mango salsa
- With a food processor mince the edamame, and walnuts.
- In a medium frying pan, saute garlic and flax seeds in olive oil until garlic begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove Flax seeds from pan and combine with minced edamame and walnuts in a medium baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place fish in pan and sear each side for about 2 minutes.
- In the baking dish place edamame mixture.
- Then place the seared fish and press the mixture into the fish, repeat on both sides.
- Place in oven for about 30 minutes (until fish is flaky but moist).
- Begin Mango salsa preparation.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Finely chop onion.
- Peel man go and dice into small pieces.
- Dice tomatoes 1/4 cup.
- Place parsley, cilantro, onion, tomatoes and mango into small bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Mix well.
- Once fish is done place on a serving dish and spread the mango salsa over the fish.
- This can be served with rice or quinoa.
Fish, Nuts, Main Dish, Bake, Saute, Sear
Serving Size 383.2g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!