Important Update: Calorie Count will be shutting down on March 15th. Please click here to read the announcement. Data export is available.
Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting - Nourished Kitchen Blog Recipe
Looking for an easy Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting - Nourished Kitchen Blog recipe? Learn how to make Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting - Nourished Kitchen Blog using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by decrisco
Makes 7 servings
Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting from the Nourished Kitchen blog. Note: I only prepared batter for one cake tin and then cut the one cake in half. I also used less honey. Cake 6 eggs 1 cup coconut milk 0.2 cup honey 1 tsp vanilla 0.25 tsp orange extract 1 cup coconut flour 0.25 tsp baking soda 0.2 tsp salt ghee for greasing the pan Frosting: 1 cup coconut flakes 0.25 cup butter 0.2 cup honey 0.5 tsp vanilla Original Recipe with Instructions: Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting
Recipe Ingredients for Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting - Nourished Kitchen Blog
|7||small Egg, Whole|
|1||cup Coconut Milk|
|80||grams Coconut Flour|
|0.25||tsp Leavening Agents, Baking Soda|
|0.2||tsp Sea Salt|
|1||cup, shredded Coconut Meat, Dried (Desiccated), Sweetened, Shredded|
Recipe Directions for Coconut Flour Cake with Coconut Frosting - Nourished Kitchen Blog
- Original Recipe with Instructions:
- Coconut Flour Cake: Ingredients
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups coconut milk (see sources)
- up to 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups coconut flour, plus extra for greasing the pan (see sources)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- coconut oil, for greasing the pan (see sources)
- 1 recipe coconut frosting
- Coconut Flour Cake: Method
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat a dozen eggs, two cups coconut milk and up to three-quarters of a cup of honey together with vanilla, coconut and orange extracts until smooth, creamy and uniform in both color and texture.
- Dump two cups coconut flour, a half-teaspoon baking soda and a quarter teaspoon unrefined sea salt into the mixture of eggs, honey and extracts, and continue to beat until a smooth batter forms.
- Grease and flour two eight-inch cake tins.
- Pour, or spoon, the cake batter into the greased and floured tins, shaking them to even out the batter and smoothing it with the back of a spoon or with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about forty minutes, or until the cake separates from the sides of the tin and a toothpick inserted into the cake?s center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the tin and frosting with the coconut frosting below.
- YIELD: two eight-inch cakes
- TIME: about five to ten minutes (active time), forty minutes (baking time), forty minutes to one hour (cooling time)
- Coconut Frosting: Ingredients
- 2 cups coconut spread (see sources)
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (see sources)
- up to 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Coconut Frosting: Method
- Beat all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate the frosting for five to ten minutes so that it stiffens a bit.
- Remove from the refrigerator, beat for about one minute.
- Frost your cake.
- YIELD: about two and a half cups frosting, or enough for an eight-inch, two-layer cake.
- TIME: about ten to fifteen minutes
Eggs, Dessert, Bake, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Serving Size 104.4g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!