Chocolate Covered Katie's Yo Ho Ho Hostess Cupcakes (Healthy) Recipe
Looking for an easy Chocolate Covered Katie's Yo Ho Ho Hostess Cupcakes (Healthy) recipe? Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Katie's Yo Ho Ho Hostess Cupcakes (Healthy) using healthy ingredients.
Submitted by bjeanne18
Makes 12 servings
Just like the Hostess Cupcakes!! Only a healthier version... see http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/20/cream-filled-chocolate-cupcakes/
Recipe Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Katie's Yo Ho Ho Hostess Cupcakes (Healthy)
|1||cup Whole Wheat Flour|
|0.75||tsp Baking Powder|
|0.5||tsp Baking Soda|
|0.5||tsp Salt, Table|
|0.25||cup Sugars, Granulated|
|0.25||cup Cocoa, Dry Powder, Unsweetened|
|1.5||tsp Vanilla Extract|
|0.25||cup Organics Applesauce Unsweetened|
|4||fl oz Vanilla|
|6||tbsp Marshmallow Fluff|
|4||tbsp Coconut Oil, Unrefined, Organic|
|0.5||cup Cocoa, Dry Powder, Unsweetened|
Recipe Directions for Chocolate Covered Katie's Yo Ho Ho Hostess Cupcakes (Healthy)
- Little Devil Cupcakes
- Inspired by this recipe.
- 1 cup flour (I used white-whole-wheat. You can use white or Bob?s gf.)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (see sugar note below, for sugar-free version)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (or, for a more authentic taste, use dutch-processed)
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nondairy yogurt (such as SoDelicious plain)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 T canola oil (click for notes about a fat-free option)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Ricemellow Cream (If you can?t find it, Smuckers marshmallow fluff is also vegan.)
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet (except for last ingredient). Don?t overmix. Pour into cupcake tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool, then cut or poke holes in the tops and scoop in the cream. Re-cover the tops.
- Frost cupcakes with warmed Hot Chocolate Butter.
- Chocolate Butter
- (a.k.a. homemade Cacao Bliss)
- 60 g (4T) coconut oil
- 52g (1/2 cup plus 1T) cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup agave (or more) OR nunaturals vanilla drops plus 46 grams water (3T) (I use 10 vanilla drops, but if you don?t like super-bitter chocolate, triple that amount)
- 1. Melt your coconut oil, either in the microwave or on a candle warmer or in a warm oven.
- 2. Add the vanilla drops (or agave) and stir.
- 3. Add the cocoa, then add the water if you used vanilla drops. Stir stir stir! Stir until it gets thick like Artisana Cacao Bliss. (If you want it to be thin and saucy again, simply reheat it. And if you freeze it, you can make incredible chocolate bars!)
- I used this spread to frost my Homemade Hostess Cupcakes.
- (For the cupcakes, be sure to reheat your chocolate butter so it?s liquid again.)
Serving Size 66.0g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Join Calorie Count - It's Easy and Free!